The Writing Across the Curriculum Program that was designed on a "student development" model of Writing Across the Curriculum. This model stresses direct service to students through an expanded Writing Center and is coupled with a focus on faculty and teaching staff development activities chosen on the basis of an assessment of the needs of these constituencies.
- Writing Center hours expanded with infusion of additional funds
- Additional writing consultants hired; publicity increased
- The WAC Advisory Group was created
- Hired Assistant to Writing Center Director to provide additional supervisory support to Center
- An interim WAC Coordinator was appointed
- New training and assessment procedures were developed to gauge writing center reach and effectiveness.
- Supported by WAC, UW-Superior student won system-wide Liberal Arts Essay Competition
- Writing Center established training for its consultants on the tutoring needs of ESL students.
- Outreach efforts expand, including an open house and a fiction reading.
- Appointment of a WAC coordinator for Fall 09.
- Writing Center more than doubled the number of consultations since 2008-09.
- Writing Center and Distance Learning Center established an online consultation service.
- WAC Coordinator provided three cross-disciplinary faculty and teaching staff development sessions on WAC topics identified in a needs assessment.
- WAC Program offered a wide variety of programming designed to raise the profile of writing on the campus.