Center for Academic Advising
University of Wisconsin-Superior
Old Main 134
Belknap and Catlin
P.O. Box 2000
Superior, WI 54880
Center for Academic Advising
Reentry Student Advisement and Registration for Fall Semester is April 1 - 12, 2013.
Who is Eligible to Participate in the April Advisement Period?
Students who have been officially readmitted by the Admissions Office.
NOTE: If you have earned college credit at another institution after you left UWS, you will be considered a transfer reentry student and you will be required to apply as a transfer student and to pay the $100 enrollment fee as part of your admission process.
How do I advise and register for classes?
1. Fill out and submit the "Declare My Major" Form to have your record updated to allow registration.
2. You will receive your advisor's name, office phone number and e-mail address via your UW-Superior e-mail account within 72 business hours of receipt of the "Declare My Major" Form.
3. It is your responsibility to schedule an advisement appointment with your advisor and to keep the appointment. If you leave a phone message and/or e-mail for your advisor but you don't receive a response from your advisor within three business days, contact the Center Office for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Check to see if your UW-Superior login and password is still working. If your login and password is not working, contact our Technology Help Desk at 715 394-8300 or via e-mail at email@example.com to have your login and password reset/reactivated. You will need this information in order to access your Student Center to check your academic information, to view your tuition bill, to accept your Financial Aid award, and to register for classes.
Do I have to prepare for my advisement appointment? Yes!
1. Print your unofficial transcript and/or your advising report from your Student Center and compare against your catalog requirements. For instructions on using your Student Center, go to http://www.uwsuper.edu/ehive/students/index.cfm.
2. Review the class schedule and make a list of the courses you would like to enroll in. Check the catalog course description for each course to determine if any of the courses you want have a prerequisite requirement that must be completed first. Make sure to include alternate courses as well. Currently enrolled students are registering during this enrollment period as well and courses will be closing quickly.
3. Prepare a list of any other questions you may have about your major/minor, etc., and bring it with you to your advisement session. Although this initial session may not allow for much more than course selection and a brief summation of department requirements, this is the time you should clarify which catalog you should be following for your major and minor requirements.
4. If your catalog year will change from what you indicated on your "Declare My Major" Form, contact the Center for Academic Advisement by e-mailing this information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: It is the student's responsibility to be knowledgeable of policies and procedures regarding academic requirements, dates and deadlines as indicated in the on-line UWS catalog and academic calendar.
We hope this information has been of help. If you have further questions, contact the Center for Academic Advisement at email@example.com.
Copyright © The Board of Regents of the University of Wisconsin System
University of Wisconsin-Superior is an equal opportunity educator and employer