First Nations Center
University of Wisconsin-Superior
Swenson Hall 3117
Belknap and Catlin
P.O. Box 2000
Superior, WI 54880
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
First Nations Center
American Indian Scholarship
About the American Indian Scholarship Fund:
The American Indian Scholarship Fund will provide a $1000 scholarship to assist a Native American UW-Superior student with their education.
Nationally, of the Native students that do go to college, only 3% graduate, with finances one of the biggest reasons for dropping out. UW-Superior maintains the highest percentage and highest retention rate of Native American students of any UW-System school. This year we graduated 18 Native students! These types of programs indicate our effectiveness in recruiting and retaining Native American students.
How to donate:
With a click of a button, you can help make UW-Superior Native American students' dreams of completing their undergraduate degrees a reality! It's easy to donate to the American Indian Scholarship Fund through the UW-Superior Foundation. You can go directly to the UW-Superior Foundation web page and choose an option, or Donate Now by credit card.
How to Apply for the American Indian Scholarship:
If you are a UW-Superior Native American student and would like to apply for the American Indian Scholarship these are the procedures to take:
1. Fill out the Foundation Scholarship application form. Complete an essay that addresses the priorities below and submit to the Dean of Students office.
2. The deadline for the following academic year is usually the first week of March.
3. The scholarship committee.
4. Scholarship will be presented at Johnson Open Golf tournament at Nemadji Golf Course.
The following priorities should be addressed in the essay:
1. How your education will benefit Native people.
2. Financial need.
3. Activity in on-campus Native events.
4. Member of Circle of Native Nations.
Copyright © The Board of Regents of the University of Wisconsin System
University of Wisconsin-Superior is an equal opportunity educator and employer