University of Wisconsin-Superior
Old Main 139
Belknap and Catlin
P.O. Box 2000
Superior, WI 54880
News and Events Details
To nominate a student (graduating in May 2014) to be the student commencement speaker:
• Email the responses to the below questions to email@example.com with a subject line of "Commencement Speaker Nomination" by 5:00 P.M., Monday, March 24, 2014.
• Inform the student that you are nominating them.
On Thursday/Friday, March 27/28, the selection committee will invite the top nominees for a short interview at which time they will be asked to present an outline of their intended speech. Selection of the candidates is based on both the content of the nomination and the interview/presentation process with the candidate. One student commencement speaker will be selected.
Nominations must address the questions below and be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line of "Commencement Speaker Nomination" by 5:00 P.M., Monday, March 24, 2014.
1. What is the name of the student being nominated?
2. How has the student demonstrated his/her academic commitment?
3. What leadership opportunities has the student participated in?
4. In what ways has the student inspired others?
5. In what ways has the student embodied the liberal arts mission?
NOTE: Nominations will be accepted from students, faculty and staff.
University of Wisconsin-Superior is an equal opportunity educator and employer