The Buzz 75:
75 Things To Do Before You Graduate
Your campus experience should be an adventure! Explore all that UWS and the Twin Ports have to offer, from campus life to local favorites. Accomplish 40? Earn an exclusive "Buzz 75" t-shirt! What will you check off first?!
Click here for a downloadable brochure.
$ - cost/fee associated
SA - Superior Adventures trip
- Get your photo taken with Buzz.
- Check out YAC's monthly Open Mic Night in the YU.
- Climb UWS's own Mt. Everest, the climbing wall in MWC.
- Participate in Jacket Racket, homecoming weekend.
- Celebrate global cuisine, fashion and culture at WSA's annual Cultural Night. $
- Take a trip with Superior Adventures. $ SA
- Rock on or laugh out loud at a YAC concert or comedian.
- Take in African and African-American culture at BSU's Soul Food Dinner.
- Twerk to your heart's content at a YAC Dance.
- Experience the "Season of Song" at the annual Christmas choir concert at Christ the King Cathedral. $
- Participate in a Native American cultural experience at the annual CNN Pow Wow.
- Cheer on the Yellowjackets at any home athletic event.
- Vie for a coveted Intramural Champion t-shirt by participating in a sports block. $
- Attend one of the many Music Department concerts. $
- Try a Group X fitness class or use the facilities at the Marcovich Wellness Center.
- Attend an Alliance Drag Show. $
- Have a cup of coffee or tea at the Gender Equity Center.
- Have a peer consultant review your paper in the Writing Center.
- Join one of UWS's 60+ student organizations.
- Volunteer at Friends & Family Weekend.
- Visit the Veteran & Nontraditional Student Center.
- Save three lives by donating at campus Blood Drive.
- Sharpen your interview skills by doing a Mock Interview with Career Services.
- Check out a student art exhibit in Holden's two galleries.
- Vote for your student leaders in an SGA election.
- Represent your residence hall floor at an RHA meeting.
- Study in front of the fireplace at Jim Dan Hill Library.
- Experience science in a fun and unique way at Students of Science's annual Science Night.
- Learn about a different culture by attending one of the Office of Multicultural Affair's many cultural awareness programs.
- Meet the Chancellor of UW-Superior.
- Converse with the Dean of Students-he doesn't bite.
- Attend a Student Involvement leadership event.
- Dress in UWS apparel or school colors on Spirit Friday.
- Attend an on-campus or local theatre production. $
- Ride the DTA bus for free with your student ID.
- Brave the night and shop at Wal-Mart "After-Dark."
- Tour the historic beauty of Fairlawn or Glensheen Mansion. $
- Take a dip or a dive into Lake Superior.
- Enjoy a scenic bike ride along Superior's Osaugie Trail.
- Try a gourmet pizza at Thirsty Pagan, one of Superior's favorites. (21+ only) $
- Catch a flick at Superior Value Cinema. $
- Ski or snowboard at Spirit Mountain. $
- Stop and smell the roses at Leif Erickson Park's Rose Garden.
- Enjoy local, organic fare at the Duluth Grill, featured on Food Network's Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives. $
- Get spooked on the William A. Irvin Haunted Ship tour. $
- Eat a hearty breakfast at The Kitchen restaurant. $
- Catch some rays at Park Point Beach.
- Participate in a local 5K run/walk. $
- Watch the ships come into the Duluth Harbor.
- Buy a sweet treat at Superior's Sweeden Sweets!.
- Shop the DeWitt-Seitz Building in Canal Park.
- Get a panoramic view of the city by climbing Enger Tower.
- Try fresh local produce at an area Farmer's Market.
- Enjoy a burger at the Anchor Bar & Grille, featured on Food Network's Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives. (21+ only) $
- Volunteer an hour of your time to a local non-profit.
- Catch a concert during Duluth's Homegrown Music Festival. $
- Study in the relaxing Red Mug Coffeehouse. $
- Take a leisurely stroll along Canal Park's Lakewalk.
- Play a round of mini-golf on Barker's Island. $
- Take a cruise around the harbor on the Vista Cruise. $
- Vanquish the Enger Tower Burger at Gronk's Bar and Grill. $
- Share your Christmas list with Santa at Bentleyville's Tour of Lights.
- Enjoy an ice cream treat at the Portland Malt Shoppe. $
Outside City Limits
- Watch birds migrate south before the snow falls at Hawk Ridge/Seven Bridges Road.
- Behold the rainbow of fall colors at Pattison Park. $ SA
- Explore the Amnicon Falls State Park. $ SA
- Canoe the Brule River. $ SA
- Visit Cornucopia Sea Caves by snowshoe or kayak. $ SA
- Take a hike on the North Country National Scenic Trail. SA
- Try apple goodies at Bayfield's Apple Festival. $
- Day trip to Madeline Island or the Apostle Islands. $ SA
- Trek to Two Harbors to see Gooseberry Falls. $ SA
- Go cross-country skiing or snowshoeing in Superior's Municipal Forest! $ SA
- Gaze out at Lake Superior from the top of Split Rock Lighthouse! $
- And finally… CREATE YOUR OWN ADVENTURE*!
*Create Your Own Adventure Option - You may opt to substitute up to three UWS bucket list items with a UWS campus or Twin Ports challenge of your choice (as long as it is legal/ethical, of course!).
Complete 40 items on this list and bring your pictures, ticket stubs, etc. to Student Involvement (YU 155) for an exclusive "Buzz 75" t-shirt!
The Buzz 75 FAQs
- How should I be tracking items and sharing my progress with Student Involvement?
We encourage you to keep evidence of your adventures in the form of photos, ticket stubs, receipts, etc. Consider keeping a photo album on Facebook or Flickr. When you finish 40, you can share your photos and evidence with us to earn your t-shirt.
Please consider sharing your photos on the Involvement Facebook page to help promote the list and show UWS students having fun!
- What if I have already done a lot of these things on the list?
Awesome, we hope that you have! To earn your t-shirt, we would still like for you to have evidence of the items on the list to be fair for everyone. You are welcome to repeat an item again - take some friends with, so that they can check it off too!
- Can we do items in groups/make events out of it?
Of course! The list is meant to be something fun to do with others. Many of the items would make a great residence hall floor program, student organization outing, or fun activity with friends.
- I have another question about The Buzz 75 that isn't answered here.
Feel free to contact Student Involvement staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.