Seeking nominations of exceptional faculty and staff for the employee recognition program.
Do you have a colleague who has gone above and beyond? Do you know a faculty or staff member who deserves extra recognition for their hard work? Do you know someone who completed a successful project this last year? Do you want to recognize someone who is passionate about their work and motivates others?
Campus is accepting nominations for our faculty and staff recognition program. Please take a moment, reflect on who is deserving of special recognition, and complete the simple nomination form
All nominations are due to Amy Missinne (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the Provost Office by noon on Friday, April 18th.
As well, please mark your calendars for the Faculty and Staff Recognition Program to be held Monday, May 5th from 2:00-3:30 in the YU Great Room. This program is designed to celebrate the dedicated work of the UW-Superior faculty and staff as they serve our students and community.
Below is a list of all the different awards and a brief description of each:
1. Teaching/Online Teaching Excellence Award - This award is open to any member of the UW-Superior faculty or academic staff whose appointment is half-time or more. The recipient(s) of this award will be an individual(s) who has demonstrated teaching excellence through evidence of exceptional learning outcomes and quality student advising. Awardee will be invited to do a presentation about his or her activities.
2. Outstanding Team/Unit/Office Award - This award is open to any team/unit/office on the UW-Superior campus. The recipient of the award will be a team/unit/office that makes a significant contribution to the university.
3. Excellence in Scholarship Award - This award is open to any member of the UW-Superior faculty or academic staff whose appointment is half-time or more and whose scholarly efforts have made a significant contribution to their field of study. Awardee will be invited to do a presentation about his or her activities.
4. Distinguished Service Award - This award is open to any member of the UW-Superior faculty, academic staff or classified staff whose appointment is half-time or more whose work has made a substantial contribution to the university or the community.
5. Classified Staff Performance Award - This award is open to any classified employee who has displayed ongoing exemplary service to the university.
6. Academic Staff Award for Excellence - This award, is for a non-instructional academic staff member who has displayed exemplary service to the university.
7. Distinguished Creativity Award - All faculty members and teaching academic staff members are invited to nominate a colleague for the Distinguished Creativity Award. Open to full-time faculty member and teaching academic staff members with a minimum of three years of service, please submit a current vita, list of nominee's creative activities for consideration (limited to the past five years) with examples of creative activities. Creativity will not be defined, doing so may restrict and/or inhibit participation. Awardee will be invited to do a creative presentation about his or her activities.
8. Making Excellence Inclusive Award - This award honors individuals or groups on campus whose actions consistently and visibly personify the spirit of diversity and inclusivity. Awards are open to all staff and faculty. Submit a brief and specific description of the contributions made by the given individual or group.
9. Academic Service-Learning Excellence Award - This award is open to any member of the UW-Superior faculty or academic teaching staff whose appointment is half-time or more. The recipient of this award will be an individual who has demonstrated teaching excellence by integrating Academic Service-Learning pedagogy into their course(s) that align with the Service Standards for Quality Practice. Nominees/applicants that have not worked with the Center for Academic Service-Learning staff are still invited to apply.
10. Max H. Lavine Award - This award was established to recognize scholarly work of UW-Superior faculty and staff that address problems of contemporary society. Nominations have been submitted and the award will be announced at this event.
Award recipients are chosen by a selection committee and recommendations will go to the Provost. The committee includes: Interim Dean of Faculty Liz Blue, Faculty Senate Chair Wendy Kropid, Academic Staff Senate Chair Jenice Meyer, Classified Staff Senate Chair Mary McCauley, and two members (Christine Kline and Cherie Sawinski) of the performance awards working group.
This newly formed working group includes Christina, Cheri, Lynne Williams and Amy Missinne. This group will be working over the next several months to review the awards process and structure, collect feedback through our governance groups and work to improve the process, recognition and structure of campus performance awards.