University Relations Office
University of Wisconsin-Superior
Belknap and Catlin
P.O. Box 2000
Superior, WI 54880
News and Events Details
Starting June 30, 2014, the University of Wisconsin-Superior Bookstore will be operated by Neebo, Inc. Neebo, Inc. is the holding company and beneficial owner of Nebraska Book Company, Inc., an industry leader in solutions for the college store marketplace. They also serve the 13 freshman-sophomore UW Colleges in the state within the UW System.
"We are very excited to work with an innovative leader in this industry as we try and keep textbook costs to a minimum for our students," said Faith Hensrud, Provost at UW-Superior. "We recognize that the marketplace is always changing, and we want to offer the best options available to our students, faculty and staff, parents and alumni," Hensrud said. "We are committed to serving our student's academic needs and this partnership will ensure that we will do that for many more years to come."
Gwen Clancy, senior vice president of college stores at Neebo, said the company is focused on helping the campus store be competitive in the textbooks business. "In today's market, there are so many options on where students can purchase their books," she said. "College bookstores need to step up with an effective strategy to win over guests with service and solutions that are in sync with students' rising expectations." Clancy noted that for nearly 100 years Neebo has served campus communities across the United States. They now own or operate hundreds of stores nationally.
"We (Neebo) can think of no greater opportunity than to serve University of Wisconsin-Superior and its students, a pursuit that inspires us both as a college store management company and as people," Clancy said. Neebo's structure and services include:
· Availability of rentable books. Any textbook that is available for purchase will also be available to rent through the new system.
· Best Price Promise. If a customer finds a textbook for less than the UW-Superior Bookstore price, the customer can buy the book for 10 percent less than the price at the competing store.
· Focus on guest service. All team members will participate in intensive guest-service training.
· Convenient e-commerce platform. Guests can choose their favorite way to purchase textbooks and merchandise-in the store or online.
· Competitive prices for apparel, supplies and gifts. The store will offer the brands guests want at a variety of competitive price levels. There is something for everyone.
· Scholarship program. An annual textbook scholarship program for UW-Superior students will be offered.
Textbook Purchases and Rentals
Students can purchase or rent textbooks in store or on the bookstore website beginning July, 1 2014. The store will be located on the first floor of the Yellowjacket Union and is also open to the public.
About University of Wisconsin-Superior
The University of Wisconsin-Superior is a public liberal arts institution of 2,650 students in the Duluth-Superior, MN-WI metro area.
Founded in 1893 as a teacher's college, UW-Superior now offers more than 30 majors, select graduate programs, and competitive Division III athletics programs, as well as research and scholarship that support the community and region.
About Neebo, Inc.
Neebo, Inc. is the beneficial owner of Nebraska Book Company, Inc., which began in 1915 with a single college store near the University of Nebraska campus and now operates more than 200 stores, serving more than 2 million students at colleges and universities nationwide. Nebraska Book Company, Inc. sells 6 million textbooks annually and installs more than 1,600 technology platforms and e-commerce sites at more than 2,500 college stores. Additional information about Nebraska Book Company, Inc. can be found at the Company's website: http://www.nebook.com.
Copyright © The Board of Regents of the University of Wisconsin System
University of Wisconsin-Superior is an equal opportunity educator and employer