GROUP CANCELLATION POLICIES:
All cancellations must be made a minimum of 5 business days in advance. If the group cancels within 5 days their scheduled event, a cancellation fee of up to the total coordinated amount will be charged. The Lead Facilitator reserves the right to cancel the event at any time for any reason.
Examples could include:
- Items against University Policy
- Compromised safety of participants either physically or emotionally
- Uncooperative or disrespectful participants
- Severe weather
WEATHER CANCELLATION POLICY:
As Northlanders, we love to play outside in any weather, and we can continue to climb, zip, and participate in low course events even in light rain, cold and heat. Cancellations must be made a minimum of 5 business days in advance and we do not cancel due to weather unless it is severe. Please see examples listed below.
Examples of severe weather:
- Thunder Storm or Lighting Storm
- Hind winds or gusty winds
- Cold: Less than 40 degrees Fahrenheit
- Heat: Greater than 95 degrees Fahrenheit
- Cold Rain: Precipitation and less than 50 degrees Fahrenheit
- Snow: Snowstorm affecting driving conditions
- Ice: Ice affecting the course and driving conditions
If we must cancel due to weather, you will be contacted by the Superior Adventures Coordinator or Lead Facilitator on the day of the event at least one hour prior to the event start time. Please make sure we have the group leader's cell phone number so they can be reached on the day of the event.
- If Challenge Ropes Course Staff cancels due to severe weather prior to the event, we will make every attempt to reschedule your group.
- If Challenge Course Staff cancels due to severe weather during the event, you are required to pay a pro-rated amount up to the full amount of the quoted price. We will base this fee on time spent on the course as well our obligations to the Superior Challenge Ropes Course Staff.
- If your group cancels during the event and severe weather is not present, you are required to pay up to the full quoted amount.
- If weather forces the session to be canceled and if the indoor facilities are available, we can move your group to an indoor setting with the use of our field house and indoor climbing wall.