Please update contact information for your Student Organization!
Student Organization Recognition
All student organizations must complete the required application and paperwork, meet the following guidelines, and attend the
Student Org Summit (Saturday, September 28, 9:00 am-1:00 pm) to be recognized each year. The application deadline for 2013-2014 recognition is Friday, September 27 at 4:30 pm.
New Student Organizations
New student organizations may submit an application at anytime, but must meet the fall deadline to apply for SUF funds.
Creating a New Student Organization packet.
If you have any questions about the student organization application process, please feel free to contact the Assistant Director of Student Involvement, Allison Garver.
Student Organization Guidelines:
As in accordance with Financial Paper 50 and as governed by the UW System, organizations must adhere to the following in order to exist as a recognized student organization at the University of Wisconsin - Superior:
All of the above requirements must be met throughout the entire academic year to maintain recognized Student Organization status.
By submitting a recognition application, the organization and its members are accepting the above terms and conditions.
The Internal/External Affairs Committee and the Student Government Association reserve the right to make final determination, consistent with university policy and Wisconsin law, on all requests for recognition.
- Be student operated and directed.
- Allow only and all UW-Superior students to join the organization and/or pursue office positions, as required by Regent Policy 30-06, unless granted a written exemption by the Internal/External Affairs Committee and the Chancellor.
- SUF funds will only be used for UW-Superior students.
- If approved for an exemption, no more than twenty-five (25) percent of the membership can be non-student.
- Have a minimum of five (5) student members.
- Have a UW-Superior faculty or staff member as the organization's advisor.
- As a group, meet at least once a month during the academic year or during the competitive season, for those groups that compete.
- Have a mission statement that compliments the mission of the University, and adhere to that mission statement during activities and events.
- Not duplicate the service or purpose of another student organization.
- Attend the Student Organization Summit at the beginning of the academic year. New organizations that miss the fall deadline must make alternate arrangements for training.
- Meet all required deadlines.