Wisconsin's Public Liberal Arts College

Military Policy and Transcripts

Veteran and Nontraditional Student Center

University of Wisconsin-Superior

Old Main 118
Belknap and Catlin
P.O. Box 2000
Superior, WI 54880

(715) 394-8406

8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Monday through Friday

Follow Us at facebook.com
UWS Campus Picture
Veteran and Nontraditional Student Center Welcomes You
Request Information about UW-Superior
Visit the UW-Superior Campus
Apply Online to UW-Superior

Veteran and Nontraditional Student Center

Military Policy and Transcripts

Information and applications for federal veterans benefits may be obtained through the Veteran and Nontraditional Student Center, Old Main, Room 118, (715) 394-8406.

Apply for GI Bill Benefits online at VONAPP (U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs) 
Apply for Wisconsin G. I Bill contact your County Veterans Service Office (CVSO) for application information. In Douglas County, contact Scott Buchanan
Veterans leaving active duty, if not applying online, must provide UW-Superior a certified copy of their discharge papers (DD214). The county clerk's office in the county in which the student resides can make a certified copy from the original if one is needed.veterans Reservists and National Guard veterans must provide the school with an original of DD-2384 Notice Of Basic Eligibility (NOBE), and, if eligible for "kicker" monies, a copy of the kicker agreement. The commanding officer of a student's unit initiates these forms.

The state of Wisconsin offers the Wisconsin GI Bill. This information is available from your County Veterans Service Office (CVSO).  The Wisconsin GI Bill provides tuition waivers for certain eligible veterans, spouses, or dependents to attend University of Wisconsin System institutions or Wisconsin's Technical Colleges.  The bill became effective for the 2005-06 academic year.  Details on eligibility and application procedures are listed in the Wisconsin GI Bill link.
Notice:  The Wisconsin GI Bill does not cover all educational costs.  Check with your Veteran Certifying Official to determine which tuition/fees are not covered.

Military Policy

This will assist veteran students who must leave classes prior to the end of a term, or arrive late for their first day of classes, or are called in duty during the middle of a term, due to military assignment. View the Military Policy.

New Scholarship:

Students who are the child of service members who have died in the line of duty after September 10, 2001, are eligible for the Marine Gunnery Sergeant John David Fry Scholarship.  You may be married or over 23 and still be eligible.  For more information, and how to apply, go to the Fry Scholarship information, and the application at the VA Form 22-5490 site.

How do I obtain a military transcript for classes I took?

If U.S. Army, Marine Corps, or Navy, apply online at Joint Services Transcript (JST). If U.S. Air Force apply online at Air University If U.S. Coast Guard apply online at USCG

Back to Top