Multicultural Initiatives Manager, Business Title: Multicultural Initiatives Assistant Director, AE053, 100%, Academic Staff, Renewable, 12-month appointment, one vacancy
Develops, evaluates and implements multicultural programs and recruitment efforts in order to support underrepresented students’ success and enrollment. Develops internal partnerships in support of program awareness and providing student interventions, as needed. The Multicultural Initiatives Assistant Director is part of a collaborative team of Student Affairs professionals. This position assists in increasing the access, retention of and success of students through cultural inclusion. This position develops, evaluates and implements multicultural programs and recruitment efforts in order to support underrepresented students’ success and enrollment while developing internal partnerships in support of program awareness and providing student interventions, as needed. This position assists the Director in coordinating programs and services sponsored by the varied support centers associated with the Department of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion and to inform the general campus of issues related to cultural diversity. This position focuses on the enhancement of a culture that welcomes and celebrates all students.
View the complete Job Description.
This position is currently ineligible for H1-B sponsorship. A qualification for this position includes independent eligibility to work within the United States upon hire date.
- One (1) year demonstrated experience developing and implementing programs related to equity, diversity, inclusion and belonging
- Two (2) years equivalent full-time professional experience working with people from diverse background such as ethnic minorities, people with low income, adult learners, and gender diverse population
- One year supervising professional or student staff
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Two (2) years of progressive professional experience (full-time) working in student affairs or other student services area on a college campus
- Certificates or training related to leadership skills
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education related to college student development/personnel, leadership, or related field preferred
- Knowledge of equity, diversity, and inclusion matters
- Knowledge and experience in designing, implementing, and executing multicultural programs
- Skilled at designing programs that support student retention efforts
- Knowledge of underrepresented and underserved student needs/trends
- Skilled at leadership, support, and supervision of professional staff and/or student employee development
- Skilled at building unit cohesion
- Ability to advocate to make change
- Ability to collaborate and maintain effective relationships with multiple stakeholders including campus administration, faculty, staff, students, and community members
- Ability to present training to students, faculty/staff, and/or other audiences
- Ability to take initiative and work autonomously
- Skilled at communicating effectively, both orally and in writing, with populations related to this position
- Ability to foster and engage in constructive conversations
- General technology skills such as Microsoft Office and social media utilization
As soon as possible.
For additional information about UW-Superior, visit www.uwsuper.edu.
For additional information about this position, contact Gus Nascimento at email@example.com.
Salary range for this position is: $55,000 – $59,000 annually. Specific benefit information can be found here. A snap-shot of benefits offered for this position include:
Paid Time Off Per Year:
*Hours are pro-rated based on appointment percentage for less than 100%-time employees.
- 176 hours of Vacation
- 36 hours of Personal
- 96 hours of Sick Leave
- 9 legal holidays
State Group Health Insurance Plans:
- Health Plan, High Deductible, or Access Plans available
- Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts
Access to Additional Insurance:
- Income Continuation
Retirement Plans Through Wisconsin Retirement System:
- 6.90% contribution with employer match
- Vested at 5 years (must meet eligibility requirements)
- Employee Assistant Program (EAP) – provides free and confidential resources to address personal and work-related concerns for employee and their immediate family members.
- On-site wellness resources and opportunities through the Pruitt Center for Mindfulness and Well-Being, Marcovich Wellness Center, and Department of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion.
Review of all complete applications will commence 4:30 PM on February 27, 2024. In the event this search is extended for any reason, applications submitted after this date will be considered. Once an applicant applies, profile information remains in UW-Superior’s Talent Management System for future submissions.
If you are not currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System, you may apply online through this portal. If you are a current employee of the University of Wisconsin System, you may apply through our HRS System. Please include the following information in your application:
- Cover Letter
- Contact Information for three (3) Professional References
- Unofficial transcripts of all degrees earned
Internal applicants: select the internal applicant link. Registration for account not required.
External applicants: select the external applicant link and register for an account:
How to Register for a UW-Careers Account:
- To register for a UW-Careers account, click on the Click Here to Register link to create your user name and password.
- Search for the #24-59: Multicultural Initiatives Assistant Director – EDI position and click on the Apply Now button to submit a resume.
- At this time, you will be asked to complete your profile. Please select Save to continue the application process.
- To submit your letter of application, unofficial transcripts, etc., you must add the document as an attachment by clicking on the Add Attachment link below the Cover Letters and Attachments box.
- Clicking on the Next link, please complete the required Online Questionnaire.
- After the Online Questionnaire has been completed, click Next again to provide contact information for three professional references, if required, in the References section by selecting the Add Reference link.
- Once reference information has been listed, click on Next to complete the How did you find out about the position? section of the application process.
- Once you have completed all sections, click on the Save button and then Submit button to submit your materials.
At any time you may select the Save button to save your progress. When you have submitted your application, ability to change materials submitted will not be available.
UW-Superior: A Special Place:
The University of Wisconsin-Superior is Wisconsin’s public liberal arts college. Established in 1893 with a mission to train teachers, it later became a part of the University of Wisconsin-System, and in 1998 was designated as Wisconsin’s Public Liberal Arts College by the University of Wisconsin System Board of Regents. The University serves 2,500 traditional and non-traditional students and is dedicated to the integration of liberal and professional studies and to serving a diverse student population.
UW-Superior maintains its foundational teacher education college values through its emphasis on excellence in teaching, as well as service to the community and region. Its core mission is student-centered. The institution fosters intellectual growth and career preparation within a liberal arts tradition that emphasizes individual attention, embodies respect for diverse cultures and multiple voices, and engages the community and region. The richness of its programs creates a personalized educational environment that integrates theory and practice, liberal and professional education, teaching, scholarship, and creativity. The University has a significant investment in and commitment to campus-wide Liberal Arts High Impact Practices (HIPs) that includes a First Year Experience, Academic Service Learning, Global Awareness, Writing Across the Curriculum, Undergraduate Research Scholarly and Creative Activity, and a Senior Year Experience.
At UW-Superior, we promote the values of academic excellence, integrity, and community within a collegial environment. At the core of our values is the appreciation for, and examination of, diversity, inclusivity, and equity. UW-Superior offers day, evening, weekend, and distance learning classes at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
The University reserves the right to check additional references with notice given to the candidates at the appropriate time in the process.
Employment will require a criminal background check. A pending criminal charge or conviction will not necessarily disqualify an applicant. In compliance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act, the University does not discriminate on the basis of arrest or conviction record.
Employment will also require a sexual harassment reference check. The reference check process includes asking the final candidate and most recent supervisor questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. Final candidates with previous employment within the UW System and State of WI agencies will be subject to additional reference checks.
Employment is subject to federal laws that require verification of identity and legal right to work in the United States as required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
For UW-Superior campus safety information and crime statistics/Annual Security Report, see https://www.uwsuper.edu/student-life/safety-and-security or contact the University Police Department at (715) 394-8114 for a printed copy.
UW-Superior is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disability employer dedicated to enhancing equity, diversity and inclusivity.
UW-Superior is committed to making excellence inclusive in every aspect of the institution. Diversity, inclusion and equity are prioritized learning resources for all community members. We strive to offer quality programs in an environment of trust and cooperation that centers on the worth of all individuals. The University is seeking candidates who will contribute to the achievement of this goal.