By the Numbers
2,600: Total students enrolled
134: Graduate students enrolled
21,718: Community service hours worked by students last year
589: Online (Distance Learning) students
16:1: Student to faculty ratio
- Our size and 16-to-1 student-teacher ratio give faculty members time to engage, challenge and mentor students.
- Students apply academic knowledge to projects that meet real community needs in the Academic Service-Learning program.
- Researchers at four institutes study Lake Superior's ecosystem and work to improve the transport and shipping industries in sustainable ways.
- UW-Superior's graduates are regional and national leaders in government, education, business, the arts and the professions.
- We have the highest percentage of transfer students of the local 4-year institutions.
- Elementary Education
- Communicating Arts
- Business Administration
- Physical Education
- Visual Arts
- Legal Studies
- Social Work
Top Unique Programs
Points of Pride
96: Percent of graduates enter the workforce or continue their education
5: Number of consecutive years G.I. Jobs Magazine has recognized UW-Superior as a Military School
127: Number of students hired by the Lake Superior Research Institute during the past decade
4: Number of world-class research centers
2: Rank among UW schools in percentage of undergraduate international students
23: National rank U.S. News and World Report’s “Best Online Bachelor’s Programs/Best Online Programs” list
40: Percent of all UW-Superior students who take an academic service-learning course in a year
33: Percent of UW-Superior students enrolled in a music curricular offering
2014: Year Outdoor Magazine named Duluth “Best Town 2014”
44: Number of countries represented in the student body