Getting Started - EdS
Specialist Degree in Education (Ed.S.) in Educational Administration
The Specialist Degree in Educational Administration is a planned professional program for educational administrators. Administrators seeking admission to the program may wish to increase their competencies and/or satisfy certification requirements for present professional positions or positions with new and increased responsibilities. The programs of advanced specialization for the post-graduate Ed.S. degree include:
- PK-12 Director of Instruction
- PK-12 Director of Special Education and Pupil Services
- PK-12 Principalship
- School Business Administrator
- School District Administrator (Superintendent)
Applying for Admission
You can apply on-line or complete a paper application obtained from our Graduate Studies Office. All materials supporting your application should be sent to the following address:
Graduate Studies Office
Belknap & Catlin, PO Box 2000
Superior WI 54880-4500
To apply for admission to the EDAD program, you must submit the following items to UW-Superior's Office of Graduate Studies:
- Completed master's degree application
- Payment of Application Fee
- Official transcripts of all previous graduate academic records sent directly by each institution of higher education where coursework was completed
- Current professional resume or vita
- Written evidence of three years of teaching experience or equivalent. Three years of experience is required prior to administrative endorsement by the UW-Superior Certification Office. The School Business Manager is exempt from this requirement.
- Typewritten statement of professional educational leadership philosophy, goals, and career objectives
- Official copy of the Miller's Analogy Test (MAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE) results sent directly by the testing company. Copies of test results are not accepted.
- Master's degree from an accredited college or university
- On the basis of a 4.00 cumulative grade point average (GPA) evaluation scale: Minimum undergraduate cumulative GPA of 2.75 and minimum graduate cumulative GPA of 3.00
- Minimum score of 396 on the Miller Analogies Test or 145 on the General Graduate Record Examination
- Maintain minimum cumulative 3.00 GPA for all educational administration graduate coursework
- Approval for unconditional admission by a majority of the Educational Administration faculty
- All necessary papers and information filed with the Graduate Studies Office
Please note that a delay in meeting these requirements is often the reason for a delay in admission to the Graduate Studies program. Admission will not be granted until all requirements are met.
Questions about applying?