Led by Dr. Vicki Fingalson, Opera Workshop provides performance-based instruction in opera, operetta, and musical theatre. Students develop and improve their performance skills through:
- theatre games
- rehearsing, preparing, and performing selected scenes and full-length operas
- attending live, professional opera (often with complimentary tickets!)
Every other year, the UW-Superior Opera Workshop prepares a full-length opera for the campus and community, most recently performing:
- Gilbert & Sullivan's Trial by Jury in 2015
- Mozart's The Magic Flute in 2014
- Franz Lehar's The Merry Widow in 2012
- Gilbert and Sullivan's The Mikado in 2010
In years when full-length operas are not performed, students do two or three scenes performances, with the opportunity to perform a leading role in at least one scene each semester.
Please contact Dr. Vicki Fingalson if you are interested in auditioning for Opera Workshop. Students of any major may audition!