The Company Orientation Program provides an opportunity for students majoring in Transportation and Logistics Management to be introduced to a transportation-related organization. Local businesses and students gain from this program that provides students with opportunities to become familiar with an overview of the day-to-day operations of a local business in the transportation and logistics industry.
1 - 2 days
- Provide UW-Superior with company contact names for participation in the orientation program.
- Coordinate with the student to schedule the orientation session.
- Provide an overview of your organization by taking the students through all aspects related to day-to-day operations.
- Provide UW-Superior and the DSTA with feedback on the organization of this program.
- Research the company via their web site or additional information provided by the business.
- Call the company to establish initial contact and to schedule the orientation.
- Arrive on time for the orientation and participate fully to get the most out of your experience.
- Ask questions about the company, job opportunities, and how the business is run/organized.
- Send a thank-you note to your orientation company.
Provide your instructor with a 2-4 page, typed, double-spaced, written summary regarding the learning that took place as a result of your orientation (may also be made available to the company).