Here are some articles from the international press highlighting the benefits of philosophy studies:
- "Is Philosophy the Most Practical Major?"
The Atlantic, October 16, 2011
- "Fifty Ways to Improve your Life in 2009: Learn Philosophy"
U.S. News and World Report, December 18, 2008
- "Philosophy's Makeover: Why Job Prospects for Philosophy Grads are Brightening"
University Affairs, November 3, 2008
- "In a New Generation of College Students, Many Opt for the Life Examined"
The New York Times, April 6, 2008
- "I Think, Therefore I Earn"
The Guardian, November 20, 2007
- "Philosophers Find the Degree Pays Off in Life And in Work"
The New York Times, December 26, 1997
- "How to Get to the Top -- Study Philosophy"
Globe and Mail (Toronto), January 2, 1990
- "Philosophy Degrees and Famous People who have 'em"
Paul Raymont's blog including many resources about the success of Philosophy majors
- "More Seek Philosophy Degrees as a Basis for Kicking Off Other Careers"
denverpost.com, November 21, 2011
- Serial Entrepreneur Damon Horowitz Says "Quit Your Tech Job and Get a Ph.D. in the Humanities"
- Critics of the Liberal Arts Are Wrong
Time.com, June 13, 2013