Transition from ESL 132 Writing to Writing 099, 101, or 102

Students who have successfully completed ESL 132, Writing for Academic Purposes, by earning a grade of C- or higher, are required to take another writing course (WRIT 099, WRIT 101 or WRIT 102) the following semester. 

For students taking ESL 132, placement in WRIT 099, 101, or 102 is determined by the Composition Coordinator.  As part of the ESL 132 course, each student will complete two assignments to be submitted to the Composition Coordinator, who will evaluate those assignments and determine the next appropriate writing course for each student to take. 

Students should continue taking one appropriate writing course each semester until they have completed Writing 102.  This satisfies the writing section of the core course requirements for all students at UW-Superior.