Administration and Finance Mission:
The Administration and Finance units provide administrative support to the institution and are responsible for financial planning, control, and reporting; procurement; human resources and payroll; safety and loss prevention; facilities management; information technology support, and financial aid activities that occur on campus. The Administration and Finance units are organizations providing service such that faculty, staff, and students can focus on their particular campus goals. The Administration and Finance units perform these services in concert with the University's mission, vision, and values.
Administration and Finance Goals:
- Integrated Planning: Develop an integrated planning process whereby all planning and budget activities, throughout every level of the organization, are effectively linked and coordinated, and are driven by the institution's vision, mission, and strategic priorities.
- Operational Efficiencies: Leverage the power of continuous improvement techniques and appropriate technology to improve operational processes and facilitate "lean" sessions for other campus units as requested.
- Accurate and Timely Financial Data: Seek ways to enhance the flow of meaningful, accurate, and timely financial information to the campus. Identify compliance issues and take appropriate corrective actions.
- Campus Physical Development Plan: Continue the update the campus' physical development plan according to UW System and Division of State Facilities requirements. An updated physical development plan is required as part of each biennial budget cycle
- Budget Development & Implementation: Coordinate the campus' implementation of the 2011-13 biennial budget.
- Customer Service: Encourage a culture of customer service in the Administration and Finance units and provide a way for customers to give feedback/comments to the Administration and Finance offices.