SOAR: Summer Orientation Advisement and Registration - Registration Form
This is how life as a Yellowjacket begins! Reserving your spot at University of Wisconsin-Superior is a big step, and there's a lot of information new students and their parents need to get started with confidence. That's what SOAR is all about.
The program consists of everything from finalizing admission material to registering for Fall 2018 classes, and everything in-between. You'll get a chance to connect with Financial Aid, Student Life, Campus Dining, and a whole lot more. Most importantly, we want every student to leave SOAR having made a few new friends in some fellow future Yellowjackets. Students will head home with a Fall 2018 schedule in hand, a strong understanding of campus policies, and strong sense of why all of us are proud to be here at UW-Superior.
We will provide lunch to students and families during the day as well. Check-in opens promptly at 9:00 a.m. in the Yellowjacket Union Great Room (YU200). A detailed schedule of the day is available for students through their official @uwsuper.edu email.
What to consider before selecting your SOAR date:
- SOAR has limited space each session, about 80 families at maximum capacity. This means that planning with your family now, reserving a date early, and making sure that work/school/sports schedules are clear.
- Make sure that you bring along a parent(s)! We have special programs and presentations designed specifically for parents – whether you're the first one off to college in your family or you have an experienced college Mom/Dad, SOAR has something for everyone.
- Placement tests must be completed in advance of your SOAR date. At UW-Superior, we intend to set our students up for a successful start – we cannot do that unless placement test scores are on hand for SOAR. Work with your admissions counselor to make a plan on where and when you plan to test. The UW System also offers a number of other regional testing options as well, especially for those students who don't live near the Twin Ports!
- PSEO, Youth Options, or other college level credits make a big difference for advisors. Make sure that you send a transcript from your college before SOAR (your high school transcript doesn't count for college credit). If you still have classes in progress, bring a copy of your college transcript with to SOAR as well.
- 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. is only 6 hours – we have a lot to cover, so attendance for the full program is required.