Veteran and Nontraditional

Prepare for a New Chapter

Whether you stepped away from college and are looking for a return, or you’re a current or former military service member, UW-Superior is here to help support you in your educational journey. We make it easier than ever to be a nontraditional student in college and achieve the degree that can launch or advance your dream career.

How to Apply to UW-Superior

To apply for admission as a veteran or nontraditional student, you must submit the following:

  • A completed UW System application for admission. Apply online – no application fee required!
  • Request all previous university/college/community college and technical school transcripts (high school transcript not required if associate degree has been obtained). Mail to:

    UW-Superior Admissions Office
    PO Box 2000
    Superior, WI 54880
  • Request official military transcripts if U.S. Army, Marine Corps, or Navy. Apply online at Joint Services Transcript (JST). If U.S. Air Force, apply online at Air University. If U.S. Coast Guard, complete this form.
  • Review the UW-Superior Course Catalog requirements for UW-Superior’s academic degree programs. Explore options for credit for prior learning related to your military/academic experience.
  • Review financial aid Information
  • Apply for scholarships
  • Obtain copies of your DD-214 through the National Personnel Records Center (NPRC)

Marines discharged after 1999 must send a letter to the following address:
Headquarters US Marine Corps
Manpower Management Support Branch (MMSB-10)
2008 Elliot Road, Suite 205
Quantico, VA 22134-5030
Tele: 1-800-268-3710