DEPARTMENT: School of Business and Economics
4-YEAR PATHWAY SAMPLE: Graduate in 4 Years
Crunch numbers. Analyze data. Make decisions.
In a data-driven world where budgets must be balanced and every penny tracked, accountants are essential for analyzing and examining financial information and advising decisions based on that information. Through our program, you will understand the realm of accounting through courses such as:
- Financial accounting
- Managerial accounting
- Accounting for not-for-profit entities
- Auditing principles
- Fraud examination
Apply your course knowledge as you continue to grow and learn through numerous internship opportunities in public, corporate and government accounting in the Superior-Duluth area. This comprehensive Accounting Major requires at least 66 semester credits to complete and requires no Minor.
Through a Major in Accounting at UW-Superior, you will:
- Be prepared to take the CPA, CMA, CFE and CIA exams upon graduation.
- Develop the judgment that is the foundation for leadership in a rapidly changing world.
- Understand the relationship between accounting practices and decision-making.
- Learn how to apply accounting theory to business operations, partnerships and multinational companies.
With a national employment rate of 95.8% and a number four ranking of Best Business Jobs in America according to U.S. Money News, accountants are highly sought and valued. Find your niche as a:
- Fraud examiner
- Government accountant
- Internal and external auditor
- Financial analyst
- Bank examiner
- Management accountant
- International accountant
- Forensic accountant
- IRS criminal investigation special agent
- Chief financial officer
Did You Know?
- Our faculty members are certified as public accountants, internal auditors, management accountants and fraud examiners that all have real-world experience.
- A blend of strong academic credentials with practical experience make our professors particularly suited to teaching students the ins and outs of accounting practices.
- UW-Superior graduate Robbie Burkhart received the top score on his CPA exam in the state of Minnesota and now serves as CEO and CIO of Blue Rock Advisors near Minneapolis.
- Three UW-Superior graduates have ranked in the top 125 for CPA exam scores out of 25,000 in the United States.
- UW-Superior Accounting graduate Duane "Duke" Copp served as an accountant and director of accounting for the Green Bay Packers for more than 10 years.