Explore, visualize, express, teach.
You see the world differently, looking to create beauty, and express ideas and concepts through art. You desire for others to have a similar experience and to be able to communicate their thoughts, feelings, and person through various mediums.
You're an artist, but you're also a teacher.
Combine your passion for art and teaching through UW-Superior's art education program to teach students in grades K-12.
With more than 100 years of experience in training teachers, UW-Superior offers a challenging curriculum, intensive interaction with faculty, and numerous opportunities to gain teaching experience prior to your student teaching experience or teaching internship.
*Art education is a comprehensive program, requiring no minor
Through a comprehensive concentration in art education at UW-Superior, you will:
- Develop problem-solving skills within design, form and color
- Understand the theory, psychology and use of color
- Become proficient in the fundamentals of drawing, painting, printmaking, photography, sculpture, ceramics, metalwork, and fibers
- Incorporate innovative teaching strategies into your art and lessons
- Understand the needs of diverse learns and how to meet them
At UW-Superior, you will be prepared for licensure in Wisconsin, which is acceptable in many other states, to teach ages birth-21 (grades K-12).
Did You Know?
- All of our teacher education faculty have experience working with elementary and middle school students.
- Many of our graduates have won teaching awards at district, state and national levels, and are highly regarded by their employers.
* Are programs where you can also earn certification to teach at the K-12, elementary or middle/high school levels.
TEACHING K-12 AND HIGH SCHOOL
Interested in teaching high school or a K-12 subject -- physical education, art or music? See the secondary and K-12 teacher certification requirements in the course catalog or the Teacher Education program of the Education Leadership Department.