DEPARTMENT: Communicating Arts Department
Why are some interactions successful while others just fall flat? What do the media and our individual cultures teach us about gender, ethnicity, ourselves and our personal and professional relationships?
Learn to understand and be understood.
Through our on-campus communicating arts major, choose from two concentrations of media communication and communication to hone your communicating skills and tailor them to your personal and career goals.
The Communicating Arts Major is also available online through UW-Superior's Distance Learning Center.
Through a Major in Communicating Arts at UW-Superior, you will:
- Build a practical portfolio.
- Study a range of intriguing questions to become an effective communicator.
- Be prepared to participate creatively and analytically in our ever-changing world.
- Gain theoretical perspective and applied frameworks for interpersonal communication skills, relevant to virtually any profession.
- Understand the range of consequences and uses for communication methods and styles.
A Major in Communicating Arts prepares you for a successful career in many fields and professions, such as a:
- Diplomatic host
- Legislative assistant
- Arts administrator
- College recruiter
- Non-profit organization director
- Health services manager
- Theatre technical director
- Newspaper reporter or editor
- Public relations specialist
- Student activities director
Did You Know?
- You can gain experience through a variety of campus organizations such as the Yellowjacket Activities Crew, University Advancement and the Stinger student newspaper.
- Holden Fine and Applied Arts Center houses two theatres, a scene workshop, a television studio and media lab and studios for the Wisconsin Public Radio station (KUWS 91.3).
- Study at other institutions may qualify as credit toward the Communicating Arts degree.
- You can earn possible credit for life learning and work experience by testing or portfolio examination.
DESIGN YOUR MAJOR
Our self-designed major and minors enable you to work with an academic advisor to create your own specialized program of study.