Community Health Promotion
4-YEAR PATHWAY: Graduate in 4 Years
Health problems have plagued individuals and societies since the beginning of time, and they will continue to do so.
You can change this as you explore the mind-body link in mental health and individual wellness and discover how to provide individuals and communities with the resources and support to live healthy lives.
Investigate health and environmental issues as they relate to the global community and how organizations, resources, and personnel are involved.
A concentration in community health promotion will enable you to bring about change in public health in your community and to effect positive lifestyle changes among individuals and even populations of people.
Choose to focus on:
- Public health
- Maternal child health, or
Within the community health promotion concentration, allowing you to specialize further in your area of interest.
*This concentration is comprehensive and does not require a minor.
Through a concentration in community health promotion at UW-Superior, you will:
- Learn how to build community partnerships and coalitions to identify and solve health problems
- Examine health education theories and create professional health promotion plan based on research and theory
- Understand drug abuse and the roles of family, prevention, intervention, and treatment
- Study the role of nutrition in health and weight loss and gain
Students majoring in community health promotion often pursue public health careers, such as:
- Corporate trainer
- Drug and alcohol counselor
- Health information administrator/technician
- Federal food inspector
- Wellness coordinator
- AIDS educator
- Weight management specialist
- Community health educator
- Mental health program manager
Did You Know?
- We offer a solid foundational program combined with numerous certifications including:
- First aid
- Water Safety Instructor
- Students gain practical experience through internships
- Adding a minor in sports management, health and human performance, or coaching can enhance career opportunities
* Are programs where you can also earn certification to teach at the K-12, elementary or middle/high school levels.