Health and Wellness Management
DEPARTMENT: Health and Human Performance Department
4-YEAR PATHWAY SAMPLE: Graduate in 4 Years
Health and wellness is important in your own life. Why not spread it to others?
Study the seven dimensions of wellness and how they affect our lives. Examine human health, health psychology, health coaching, communication strategies and ethics and policy among other topics.
The online Health and Wellness Management degree completion program is jointly taught by faculty from four UW campuses, including UW-Superior. Enrolling through UW-Superior lets you access UW-Superior and UW-Extension advisors and support.
Choose UW-Superior as your home campus when you apply for the UW Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness Management program.
If you have an associate degree or equivalent semester credits and want to improve health on a larger scale, this program could be just what you're looking for.
Required prerequisites for this program include:
- COMM 110 or equivalent
- WRIT 102 or equivalent
- PSYC 101 or eqivalent
- BIOL 115, 123, 130 or equivalent
Through the online Health and Wellness Management major at UW-Superior, you will receive:
- The chance to improve people's lives
- Broader career options and advancement in several industries, including corporate, nonprofit, insurance and medical
- The skills and knowledge to manage programs that reduce health costs, increase productivity and keep people healthy
As health and wellness are growing concerns among the population, you will be prepared to assist people in careers such as a:
- Wellness manager
- Worksite wellness coordinator
- Wellness program manager
- Director of sports, fitness and wellness
Did You Know?
- Because all classes are fully online, you complete the program from where you live and work and study at the time of day that's convenient for you.
- Courses in the online bachelor of science in Health and Wellness Management degree are taught by the University of Wisconsin's excellent faculty.
- This 21-course program keeps you on track toward completing your degree.
- Experienced UW-Superior advisors understand your needs, provide support and connect you with resources to get ahead.
* Are programs where you can also earn certification to teach at the K-12, elementary or middle/high school levels.