DEPARTMENT: Mathematics and Computer Science Department
4-YEAR PATHWAY SAMPLE: Graduate in 4 Years
Calculations. Proofs. Theories.
Mathematics has long been regarded as science in its purest form. As the foundation for all applied sciences, business, economics, and computer programming, mathematics serves as the cornerstone for our changing society.
The concepts and applications of computation, cryptography, abstract algebra, and mathematical proofs will engage and challenge your mind and critical thinking skills, stretching your understanding of formal mathematics.
*Students may also major in mathematics education for secondary certification through the teacher education program.
*Secondary education or elementary education students may minor in mathematics education for teacher certification.
Through a major or minor in mathematics at UW-Superior, you will:
- Solve multi-part problems through analysis and complex calculations
- Prove mathematical concepts and computations through formal language
- Synthesize results into a well-written articleStudy and apply the theories of cryptography, abstract algebra, complex variables, and more
According to the National Association of Colleges and Employers, mathematics ranks as the top science major.
Find your niche as a:
- Data mining analyst
- Data analyst
- High school math teacher
- Middle school math teacher
- Math specialist
Did You Know?
- If you are interested in becoming an actuary, you will work with a professor in the department to enroll in courses that will best prepare you for actuarial science.
- UW-Superior offers the latest technology and software.
- As a mathematics major, you may qualify for a prestigious Swenson Scholarship, which covers the full cost of tuition and books for up to four years.
* Are programs where you can also earn certification to teach at the K-12, elementary or middle/high school levels.