DEPARTMENT: Music Department
4-YEAR PATHWAY SAMPLE: Graduate in 4 Years
Performing is your passion. You have a musical gift, and you want to share it with the world.
Whether your dreams include being involved in the local arts scene or diving into an international performing career, you can begin pursuing them at UW-Superior.
Our long-standing reputation for training excellent musicians enables graduates to gain admission to leading graduate schools and to hold positions as performers, teachers and professors throughout the U.S. and abroad.
Three performance tracks are offered: Vocal, Instrumental and Keyboard.
Visit the Music Department website for audition information, performance opportunities and faculty bios.
*With a music performance major, you will earn a Bachelor of Music degree.
Through a major in music performance at UW-Superior, you will:
- Perform a wide variety of music on your major instrument or voice.
- Receive one-on-one lessons and learn advanced teaching techniques.
- Perform in advanced music ensembles.
Studying music performance provides you with the ability and confidence to become a performer. Musicians with degrees in performance are prepared for graduate study in music, and for a variety of careers such as:
- Collaborative pianist
- Master class teacher
- Solo performer
- Film or TV vocalist/instrumentalist
- Orchestral musician
Did You Know?
- Numerous scholarship opportunities are available for qualified UW-Superior music students.
- UW-Superior's music program is the most affordable in the area, and is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music.
- Our award-winning faculty teach all applied lessons, and have been featured performers with many musical organizations including the Duluth-Superior Symphony Orchestra, the Minnesota Orchestra, and the Minnesota Opera.
- Facilities include a recital hall, over 20 general practice rooms, percussion practice rooms, organ practice rooms, and a MIDI lab.
- Students have numerous performance opportunities both on-campus and throughout the artistically vibrant Twin Ports area.
- UW-Superior's large ensembles tour internationally once every four years.