DEPARTMENT: Music Department
Do you love music? Music expresses the inexpressible and articulates those things which words cannot convey.
The Bachelor of Arts in Music degree allows you to learn about music within the context of a broad liberal arts education. You will enhance and perfect your own musical talents through one-on-one instruction, in addition to studying music theory and history. This degree works well in conjunction with other areas of study, including Business, English, and Science.
Visit the Music Department website for audition information, performance opportunities and faculty bios.
*Through a major in music, you will earn your Bachelor of Arts degree.
Through a major or minor in music at UW-Superior, you will:
- Perform a wide variety of music on your major instrument.
- Participate and perform in music ensembles.
- Recognize and write about the theoretical and historical elements of music.
A major in music prepares you for a variety of career options, including:
- Church musician
- Composer or producer
- Music critic or blogger
- Private studio teacher
Combining your knowledge of music with other skills can open doors to many other career such as:
- Retail music
- Music/copyright law
- Musical theatre
- Performance medicine or therapy
- Arts administration and management
Did You Know?
- Numerous scholarship opportunities are available for qualified UW-Superior music students.
- UW-Superior's music program is the most affordable in the area, and is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music.
- Our award-winning faculty have been featured performers with many musical organizations including the Duluth-Superior Symphony Orchestra, the Minnesota Orchestra, and the Minnesota Opera.
- Students have numerous performance opportunities on-campus and surrounding communities, including nine campus ensembles.
- UW-Superior’s large ensembles tour internationally once every four years.
This program is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music.