DEPARTMENT: World Languages, Literatures, and Cultures Department
¿Quieres hablar español?
As you are introduced to the Spanish language and Hispanic culture, you will gain a groundwork for fluency in Spanish to enhance practical language skills.
Hone your Spanish through courses such as:
- Beginning, intermediate and advanced Spanish
- Conversational Spanish
- Latin American culture and civilization
- Voices of Hispanic women
- Latino culture in the U.S.Special Topics in literature and culture
*Students majoring in elementary or secondary education may minor in Spanish education through UW-Superior's teacher education program.
Through a minor in Spanish at UW-Superior, you will:
- Become proficient in listening, speaking, reading, and writing Spanish
- Be able to explain aspects of Hispanic culture
- Gain a positive impact on your learning in other academic disciplines
- Identify similarities and differences between Spanish and your native language
Fluency in a second language is increasingly valuable in today's world, making Spanish an excellent complement to virtually any major.
Use your Spanish minor in a career as a:
- Tour guide
- International banker
- Customer service agent
A Spanish Education minor for teachers drastically improves hiring odds as bilingual students and schools continue to grow throughout the United States.
Did You Know?
- Students may work with a faculty member to individually design their own Spanish studies major, which includes a special study abroad opportunity in conjunction with UW-Superior's cooperating institution in San Jose, Costa Rica.
- Students minoring in Spanish education also benefit from UW-Superior's highly regarded teacher education program.
* Are programs where you can also earn certification to teach at the K-12, elementary or middle/high school levels.