DEPARTMENT: School of Business and Economics
Master of Science - Sustainable Management
In today's world, understanding how to balance natural, social and financial systems has become increasingly important for helping you reach your career goals and become and effective leader in business, industry and nonprofit organizations.
Students who graduate with a Master of Science in Sustainable Management can expect to have a strong foundation for leading change in their current organizations or building new careers that require systems-thinking skills.
The 34-credit online Master of Science program consists of a core curriculum, specialty track and Capstone experience, which is typically taken during the final semester.
Choose UW-Superior as your home campus when you apply for the UW Sustainable Management Master's Degree Program.
Core Curriculum (24 credits, all required)
- Cultural and Historical Foundations of Sustainability
- The Natural Environment
- Applied Research and the Triple Bottom Line
- Policy, Law, and the Ethics of Sustainability
- Economics of Sustainability
- The Built Environment
- Geopolitical Systems - Decision Making for Sustainability on the Local, State, and National Level
- Leading Sustainable Organizations
Specialty Tracks (6 credits, chose 2)
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Supply Chain Management
- Sustainable Water Management
- Waste Management and Resource Recovery
Capstone (4 credits total, both required)
- Capstone Preparation Course
- Capstone Project
This 12-course online Sustainable Management Master's Degree Program is offered in collaboration with UW-Green Bay, UW-Oshkosh, UW-Parkside and UW-Stout.
The Sustainable Management Master's Degree Program is offered entirely online, providing you with:
- Quality: Taught by the same distinguished University of Wisconsin faculty who teach classroom courses.
- Flexibility: Online learning means studying when and where it is convenient for you.
- Student Support: Advisors provide support and understand your needs.
For questions about the Sustainable Management Master's Degree Program, please contact Dr. Mark McCoon.
An online Bachelor of Science in Sustainable Management is also available.
Online Sustainable Management certificates are also offered for Sustainable Management Science and Sustainable Enterprise Management.
GRADUATE CREDIT FOR PRIOR LEARNING
Credit for Prior Learning (also known as Prior Learning Assessment) offers students with significant life and work experience the chance to earn graduate credit by demonstrating what they have learned.