Teacher Education - K-12 Art, Music, Physical Education
UW-Superior's Teacher Education Program offers a K-12 education program that prepares students to teach pupils from early childhood through the adolescent level in the special areas of physical education, art or music.
K-12 education students complete a major in the academic subject they wish to teach as well as a set of Teacher Education courses to gain classroom skills and experiences. Students can earn either a Bachelor of Science for Art or Physical Education, or a Bachelor of Music education, depending on the requirements of individual majors.
With more than 100 years of experience in training teachers, UW-Superior offers a challenging curriculum, intensive interaction with faculty, and numerous opportunities to gain teaching experience prior to your student teaching experience or teaching internship.
Through a major in K-12 education at UW-Superior, you will:
- Learn how to integrate learning theory with subject matter knowledge to plan instruction and learning activities
- Gain multicultural understanding and how to incorporate diversity into the classroom
- Understand and be able to apply theories, models, and strategies for teaching subject-specific concepts and skills
- Understand the physical, social, emotional, and cognitive aspects of development in relation to student learning
At UW-Superior, you will be prepared for licensure in Wisconsin, which is acceptable in many other states, to teach ages birth to 21 (grades K-12) in art, music or physical education.
Did You Know?
- All of our teacher education faculty have experience working with school-age students
- Many of our graduates have won teaching awards at district, state and national levels and are highly regarded by their employers
This program is accredited by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction.
* Are programs where you can also earn certification to teach at the K-12, elementary or middle/high school levels.