University of Wisconsin-Superior
Yellowjacket Union 230
Belknap and Catlin
P.O. Box 2000
Superior, WI 54880
New Student Scholarships
The University of Wisconsin-Superior offers scholarships for students who wish to pursue careers in biology, chemistry, or mathematics.
The Swenson Family Trust Scholarship is a full tuition scholarship that includes a $1000/year book stipend and is awarded to ten qualified new students each year.
The Swenson Family Trust Scholarship is available to students majoring in Chemistry, Biology, or Mathematics. Students who receive this scholarship award will maintain the scholarship for four years if they meet the following requirements:
1. Registration as a full-time student.
2. Completion of course work in the declared major.
3. Maintenance of an overall grade point average of 3.0 at the end of each academic year.
4. Has financial need as determined by a yearly FAFSA application.
If the student fails to meet these requirements, or transfers to another college or major, the scholarship will be discontinued.
To be eligible to receive this scholarship the following criteria must be met:
1. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
2. Applicant must be accepted as a freshman by UW-Superior.
3. Only students whose overall grade point average in college preparatory curriculum is 3.0 on a 4.0 scale and who score in the upper 25% in a standard college placement exam (ACT/SAT) will be considered.
4. Financial need will be considered as determined by the Financial Worksheet.
Candidates who meet the minimum criteria will be invited to apply for the Swenson Family Trust Scholarship and must complete the following:
Once you have been awarded the Swenson Family Trust Fund Scholarship, you have until May 1st to pay the $100 enrollment deposit, register for Summer Orientation, Advisement and Registration (SOAR) and mail in your scholarship thank you otherwise your scholarship will be revoked.
If you would like more information about the Swenson Family Trust Scholarship or general admission requirements contact:
UW-Superior Office of Admissions
Belknap & Catlin
PO Box 2000
Superior, WI 54880-4500
Copyright © The Board of Regents of the University of Wisconsin System
University of Wisconsin-Superior is an equal opportunity educator and employer