Transferring Credits

Transferring Credits

We will work with you to transfer as many of your credits as possible from other universities, University of Wisconsin Colleges, Minnesota community colleges, community or tribal colleges, technical colleges, military programs or any other institutions.

Students can transfer courses from an accredited college, university or community college; as long as the courses are in a similar curricular with a grade of "D" or higher, the credit should transfer.  Some degree programs require at least a "C" or higher in order to transfer.  It's good practice to keep a copy of your course descriptions, syllabus and catalog from the college/university/community college where the courses were taken.

How many credits will transfer?

Generally, you can transfer up to 72 credits to UW-Superior. If you earn an associate's degree from a University of Wisconsin college or university or from an MNSCU, you will be considered as having fulfilled your general education requirements at UW-Superior.

**Note: This policy does not apply to Teacher Education (Elementary and Secondary Education) students. Due to licensing requirements, students in the Teacher Education program will not necessarily have the general education requirements completed if they have an associate's degree. For these students, a full transcript review will be conducted to look for the specific classes required for licensing.

Articulation Agreements

It's now easier than ever to transfer all credits from a Minnesota community college associate of arts degree to UW-Superior. Read more.

If you are transferring from a UW System campus or a Wisconsin Technical College System campus, you can use the UW System's Transfer Information System website to determine how individual courses will transfer and find other helpful information. We have agreements with many community, vocational and tribal colleges in Wisconsin, Minnesota and Michigan that help students transfer credits to UW-Superior.

Check for details about specific transfer agreements with institutions in Wisconsin, Minnesota and Michigan.

Prior Learning Assessment

The University of Wisconsin, Superior offers students the opportunity to earn credit for non-collegiate-sponsored learning experiences such as on-the-job training, vocational-technical training, workshops or seminars attended, and independent study. Visit the Prior Learning Assessment website for more information.

Credit for Military Training

Credit may be awarded for military experience or military school training. Depending on the branch of the military, students are requested to supply their military services transcript to the Admissions Office transfer coordinator. This is to have your military transcript reviewed according to American Council on Education standards for credit on your student record. To request your military transcript, go to the appropriate site: