WITC Business Administration Agreement
AGREEMENT FOR TRANSFER BETWEEN
Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College
University of Wisconsin-Superior
I. Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College is an independent campus in the Wisconsin Technical College System. Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools. In the interest of fostering cooperation between our institutions, to better serve the transfer of students from Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College to the University of Wisconsin-Superior, hereby enter into this articulation agreement.
II. The following articles delineate the understanding between Wisconsin Indianhead Technical School and the University of Wisconsin-Superior.
A. In order to facilitate the transferability of students who are enrolled in the Business Administration Accounting program at WITC to UW-Superior, the faculty of the institutions agree to allow the transfer of up to 19 semester hours in the following required lower-level courses and up to 6 business general elective credits for a total of no more than 40 semester credits, leading to the Finance cluster of the Business Administration comprehensive major, or the Accounting or Economics comprehensive majors. Credits will be granted only to students who complete a bachelor’s degree at UW-Superior in the given major and/or the given cluster.
2.Completion of 101-103 and 101-121 at Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College which is equivalent to UW-Superior’s ACCT 201.
3. Completion of 105-141 as well as the successful completion of a test on a financial calculator which is equivalent to UW-Superior’s FIN 102.
4. Completion of 105-125 at Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College which is equivalent to UW-Superior’s BUS 211.
5. Completion of 801-195 and 801-197 at Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College which is equivalent to UW-Superior’s BUS 235.
6. Completion of 105-136, 105-104 and 105-105 at Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College which is equivalent to UW-Superior’s CIS 108.
7. Completion of 809-195 at Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College which
is equivalent to UW-Superior’s ECON 235. This class will be applied toward general education courses.
8. The completion of 106-175, 106-119, 106-139, 105-122, and 102-101 will be applied at UW-Superior as BUS 289 (Electives).
B. In addition to the previous courses listed BUS 270, Business Statistics, ECON 250, Principles of Microeconomics, ECON 251, Principles of Macroeconomics, MATH 150, Finite Mathematics, and MATH 151, Calculus, must be completed at UW-Superior to fulfill the requirements for the Finance cluster for Accounting and Economic comprehensive majors or the Business Administration comprehensive major.
C. Students who matriculate to UW-Superior are subject to the degree requirements in effect in the students’ catalog of entry at UW-Superior.
D. Both institutions agree to monitor the progress of the agreement, evaluate its effectiveness, and make suggestions to modify this agreement.
EFFECTIVE JANUARY 1, 1997.