Wisconsin's Public Liberal Arts College

Military and Veteran Students


University of Wisconsin-Superior

Yellowjacket Union 230
Belknap and Catlin
P.O. Box 2000
Superior, WI 54880

ph. 715-394-8230

Text 715-817-5760

fax. 715-394-8407

Follow Us at facebook.comFollow Us at twitter.comFollow Us at flickr.comFollow Us at youtube.comFollow Us at instagram.com
Apply Online
Military and Veteran Students


Military and Veteran Students

UW-Superior strives to make your transition from veteran/military to student as easy as possible so you can focus on your education. Our faculty and staff understand this can be a difficult process, so we try to accommodate each student on an individual basis. We offer opportunities both on-campus and online.

Learn more at the

Veteran and Nontraditional Student Center

UW-System Veteran's Information Financial Aid Campus Profile
Get More Info Paying for College

 Visit Campus

Veteran/Military Student Checklist
From admissions through enrollment, learn your next steps to becoming a UW-Superior student by utilizing our Veteran/Military Student Checklist.

Veteran/Military Benefits
Find out how to apply for veteran/military benefits.

Admissions Requirements

Admission to the University of Wisconsin-Superior will be determined by a comprehensive review of academic and non-academic factors.

How to Apply
The priority application date is December 1st for spring semester, and April 1st for fall semester. Apply early to be eligible for early class registration.

Financial Aid
Check out the Financial Aid page that explains the various types of Military Benefits that are available. Priority deadline for submission of the FAFSA is MARCH 1 for the upcoming academic year.

Majors and Minors
At UW-Superior you can expect a quality education. We offer over 30 majors and minors. Classes are offered both online and on-campus, plus of our four majors are offered online. Check out our current programs. Can't find what you want? We also offer an individualized major that will build upon your past experiences and skills.

Not sure what you want to major in? That's ok, a high percentage of our students don't know either, so we have services in place like Career Services (staffed by Kathy Pykkonen who is a Vet herself) and Center for Academic Advising, which focuses on individual advising.

Transferring credits
We will work with you to transfer as many of your credits as possible from other universities, University of Wisconsin Colleges, Minnesota community colleges, community or tribal colleges, technical colleges, military programs or any other institutions.

Orientation and Registration
You've been accepted and paid your $100 enrollment fee (Distance Learning students are exempt from this fee), so what's next? Set up a time to with the Center for Academic Advising to learn who your advisor is and get registered for classes. Haven't had a chance to visit campus? Schedule a campus visit today.

Who's Your Admissions Counselor?
Have a question? Our Admissions staff is here to help. Contact Shane Deadrick, Transfer Coordinator with any questions.

Veteran/Military FAQ
Have a question, check out our FAQ. Question not answered? Contact us today and we'll get you the answer.

Important Resources and Contacts
A list of important resources and contacts that everyone should have, especially veterans.

Transfer Events

Back to Top