Wisconsin's Public Liberal Arts College

Process for Course Substitutions

Process for Course Substitutions

Center for Academic Advising

Process for Course Substitutions

If you have earned credit for a course at another institution or at UWS and you believe the course could meet a requirement in your major, minor, or a general education requirement, you may request a course substitution.  

Steps to requesting a course substitution:

1. Obtain a course syllabus and/or course description from the institution
    where you earned the course.
2. Consult with your advisor and the department chair from the granting
3. If it is agreed that the course can be used in substitution, fill out the 
     Course Substitution/Course-Equivalent Form
4. Obtain your advisor's signature and the signature of the department
    chair for the department that will be granting the substitution.
5. Submit the form to the Registrar's Office for processing.

Back to Top