Process for Course Substitutions
If you have earned credit for a course at another institution or at UWS and you believe the course could meet a requirement in your major, minor, or a general education requirement, you may request a course substitution.
Steps to requesting a course substitution:
1. Obtain a course syllabus and/or course description from the institution
where you earned the course.
2. Consult with your advisor and the department chair from the granting
3. If it is agreed that the course can be used in substitution, fill out the
Course Substitution/Course-Equivalent Form
4. Obtain your advisor's signature and the signature of the department
chair for the department that will be granting the substitution.
5. Submit the form to the Registrar's Office for processing.