New Transfer Student advisement and registration for new students who have earned 22 college credits or more is April 6 to August 28, 2015.
Who is eligible to participate in the April Advisement and Registration period?
1. Students who have been officially admitted and have paid their $100 enrollment fee
What do I need to do to advise and register for fall semester?
1. Make sure all of your transcripts have been received by our Admissions Office, including transcripts for in-progress course work. It is important this information is on file and available to your advisor in order for you to be appropriately advised.
2. Review your Admissions Check-list to see if you are required to take a math and/or English Placement test. If you need to take a placement test, contact our Testing Office at 715 394-8087 or via their website at
http://www.uwsuper.edu/support/testing/uw-placement.cfm to schedule the appropriate test(s).
Complete the Transfer Student On-line Orientation Course
1. All new transfer students who have earned 22 or more post-high school credits are required to complete the New Transfer Student On-line Orientation Course and their Welcome Conversation with the Transfer Orientation Coordinator prior to advising and registering for classes.
2. When you submit your $100 enrollment fee and this is posted in your record, your record will be activated and you will be loaded into the on-line orientation course. Instructions for accessing and completing the course will be sent to you via your UW-S email address within 72 hours of your record being activated.
3. Once you have completed the course and your "welcome conversation" with the transfer orientation coordinator, you will recieve your advisor name and contact information via your UW-S email address. It is your responsibility to schedule an advisement appointment with your advisor and to keep the appointment. If you leave a phone message and/or e-mail for your advisor but you don't receive a response within three business days, contact the Center Office at email@example.com.
We hope this information is of help to you. If you have further questions, contact the Center for Academic Advisement via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.