New Freshmen and Transfer Students with less than 22 post high school credits may advise and register for spring semester 2016 beginning November 4, 2016.
Who is eligible to participate in the November Advisement Period?
- Students who have been officially admitted and have paid their $100 enrollment fee.
- Have submitted all official transcripts, including in-progress course work, for college credits earned while in high school.
How do I advise and register for spring semester classes?
- Once you have paid your $100 enrollment fee and it has been posted in our computer system, your record will be activated and you will be sent your advisor name and contact information via your UW-Superior email address.
- It is your responsibility to schedule an advisement appointment with your advisor and to keep the appointment. If you leave a phone message and/or e-mail for your advisor and you don't receive a response within three business days, contact the Center for Academic Advisement for assistance at email@example.com or 715-394-8515 .
- The Center of Academic Advisement staff will also check to see if you need to take a math and/or English placement test. Students needing to take a placement test must contact the UW-Superior Testing Office at 715-394-8019 , firstname.lastname@example.org or UW Placement Testing website to schedule the appropriate test.
Prepare for your advisement session!
- Review the University Studies requirements and your major requirements in the university catalog. To earn a degree at UW-Superior, students must complete the University Studies requirements and a major and minor. Or you may complete the University Studies requirements and a comprehensive major (more than 50 credits).
- Review the Spring Semester Class Schedule to see what courses will be offered for this spring semester.
- If you earned college credits, review your transfer credit report so you are aware of how these courses are being used at UW-Superior. You may notice entries indicated on your transfer analysis as 189, 289 courses. These courses do not meet a major/minor and/or University Studies requirement; however, they are counted as elective credit towards the 120 credits needed for graduation.
If you have a question about your transfer credits, contact the Transfer Specialist at 715-394-8259 or email@example.com. You may also want to speak with your advisor about these courses if you believe the course may meet a major or general education requirement. It may turn out that, with the proper documentation such as a course description or class syllabus, you may be able to receive credit in substitution for this type of course. Elective course work outside of your major area will require you to contact the appropriate academic department regarding the possibility of a course substitution.
First Year Seminars
The First Year Experience is part of a package of initiatives designed to integrate students into the campus community and its public liberal arts mission. The First Year Seminars, as part of this initiative, is a group of courses designed to introduce first year students to the liberal arts through active and collaborative learning, critical thinking, and reflective judgment. New freshmen are required to complete one First Year Seminar course during their first and/or second semester at UW-Superior.
New Freshmen Orientation
New Freshmen Orientation will take place January 14 -16 during the Weekend of Welcome (WoW). Attendance is mandatory.
We hope this information is of help to you. If you have any further questions, contact the Center for Academic Advisement at 715-394-8515 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: It is the student's responsibility to be knowledgeable of policies and procedures regarding academic requirements, dates, and deadlines as indicated in the on-line UW-Superior catalog and academic calendar.