Center for Academic Advising
University of Wisconsin-Superior
Old Main 134
Belknap and Catlin
P.O. Box 2000
Superior, WI 54880
Center for Academic Advising
Reentry Student Advisement and Registration for Summer College begins April 7, 2014, until the first day of class.
Who is Eligible to Participate in the April Advisement Period?
Students who have been officially readmitted by the Admissions Office.
NOTE: If you have earned college credit at another institution after you left UWS, you will be considered a transfer reentry student and you will be required to apply as a transfer student. Students planning to enroll for summer and fall classes will be required to pay the $100 enrollment fee as part of your admission process.
How do I advise and register for classes?
1. Fill out and submit the "Declare Your Major" Form below to have your record activated to allow registration.
2. You will receive your advisor's name, office phone number and e-mail address via your UW-Superior e-mail account within 72 hours of receipt of the "Declare Your Major" Form.
3. It is your responsibility to schedule an advisement appointment with your advisor and to keep the appointment. If you leave a phone message and/or e-mail for your advisor but you don't receive a response within three business days, contact the Center for Academic Advisement for assistance at
4. Check to see if your UW-Superior login and password is still working. If it is not working, contact our Technology Help Desk at 715 394-8300 or via e-mail at
Do I have to prepare for my advisement appointment? Yes!
1. Print your unofficial transcript and/or your degree progress report from your Student Center and compare against your catalog requirements. For instructions on using your Student Center, go to http://www.uwsuper.edu/ehive/students/index.cfm.
2. Review the class schedule and make a list of the courses you would like to enroll in. Check the catalog course description for each course to determine if any of the courses you want have a prerequisite requirement that must be completed first. Make sure to include alternate courses as well. Currently enrolled students are registering during this enrollment period as well and courses will be closing quickly.
3. Prepare a list of any other questions you may have about your major/minor, etc., and bring it with you to your advisement session. Although this initial session may not allow for much more than course selection and a brief summantion of department requirements, you should clarify which catalog you should be following for your major and minor requirements.
4. If your catalog year will change from what you indicated on your "Declare Your Major" Form, contact the Center for Academic Advisement by e-mailing this information to
Note: It is the student's responsibility to be knowledgeable of policies and procedures regarding academic requirements, dates and deadlines as indicated in the on-line UWS catalog and academic calendar.
We hope this information is of help to you. If you have any further questions, contact the Center for Academic Advisement via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright © The Board of Regents of the University of Wisconsin System
University of Wisconsin-Superior is an equal opportunity educator and employer