Each fall, the UW-Superior Alumni Association honors outstanding university alumni, faculty and staff members. They represent, through their personal and professional accomplishments, the lasting value of UW-Superior. The awards are presented at the annual Appreciation Dinner, which is hosted by the UW-Superior Foundation and Alumni Association.
The following is a list of UW-Superior Alumni Association awards. All alumni are eligible and encouraged to make nominations. Nominations for 2018 should be submitted no later than April 1 for guaranteed reviewal. However, nominations will be accepted any time of the year. To nominate someone for any of the awards, please complete the nomination form and either submit it as an e-mail attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org, or print the form and mail it to the following address:
UW-Superior Alumni Association
Old Main 237
PO Box 2000
Superior, WI 54880
For more information, contact Director of Alumni Relations Heather Thompson at (715) 394-8593 .
DISTINGUISHED ALUMNI AWARD
This award is presented to an alumnus or alumna of UW-Superior whose success serves as an inspiration for current and prospective students. Distinguished Alumni Award Nomination Form
YOUNG ALUMNI ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
This award is presented to an alumnus or alumna of UW-Superior who has graduated within the last 15 years and is under the age of 40. Young Alumni Achievement Award Nomination Form Nominees will have met one or more of the following criteria:
- Professional Achievement - received recognition or awards by professional organizations or place of employment.
- Published Research, Innovation, or Creativity in Profession - professional or academic achievement related to creative, innovative research/work that betters nominee's career field.
- Community Engagement - utilization of skills, resources, or time, to positively impact society, chosen community, need, or issue.
- Global or Intercultural Experience - experience working with diverse populations resulting in intercultural competency, transferable intercultural skills, or interests in global environments.
- Personal Achievement - high-level of ambition resulting in significant career advancement in broader community, regionally, or within place of employment.
- Demonstrates and Supports UW-Superior's Vision, Mission, Goals.
HONORARY ALUMNI AWARD
This award is presented to a person who is not an alumnus or alumna of the UW-Superior, whose success serves as an inspiration for current and prospective students. Honorary Alumni Award Nomination Form
JAMES RAINALDO MENTOR AWARD
This award recognizes a current and retired UW-Superior faculty or staff member who has touched the lives of current and former UW-Superior students in a unique and significant way. The following criteria will be followed in the selection process: James Rainaldo Mentor Award Nomination Form
- Demonstrated contributions of time and talent on behalf of UW-Superior in mentoring current or past students.
- A letter of nomination demonstrating how the nominee has made a difference to you as a student or in your life thereafter.
- Additional letters of support for the candidate are strongly encouraged.
EDWARD AND BETTY KOSSAK SERVICE AWARD
We recognize that there are a number of individuals, groups, companies, organizations and institutions that have made significant contributions to further the goals of UW-Superior in terms of their time, energy, leadership and support. The following criteria are to be followed by the committee in the selection process: Edward and Betty Kossak Service Award Nomination Form
- Demonstrated contributions of time and talent on behalf of the UW-Superior Alumni Association Mission.
- Length of service will be a major factor in determining the recipient.
- Has made a meaningful impact on UW-Superior and the student body.
- Letters of recommendation in support of the candidate are strongly encouraged.