Payment Information and Due Dates
Fee Payment Location and Hours
Location - Old Main, Room 136 - Cashier Office
Office Hours 7:45am - 4:30pm
Fee payment can also be dropped in the payment box in the hallway to the right of the door. Only check payments should be deposited in the drop box. Please write your student ID on the check.
Terms and Condition of Fee Payment
All students are required to read and electronically sign a terms and condition of fee payment agreement when registering for classes. A copy of the terms and conditions is provided below.
- It is the students responsibility to read and understand the term and conditions of fee payment
- It is the students responsibility to view their account statement upon enrollment, after any change to enrollment, after any change to the housing and meal plan and after charging books to their account.
- It is the student's responsibility to view the payment due dates published on the web page
Term and Conditions of Fee Payment
(does not apply to Graduate Education Online programs)
I would like to enroll in and attend classes at the University of Wisconsin - Superior
At its discretion, UW-Superior would like to provide certain educational services to me, including, but not limited to classes and coursework, housing, meal plans and bookstore charges.
In order to attend classes at UW-Superior and remain registered for classes, UW-Superior requires that I pay in full the amount of any fees, tuition, housing and meal plan costs, and other miscellaneous charges incurred in connection with my attendance at UW-Superior, on the dates indicated by UW-Superior for each semester. Payment Information and the Fee Due Date are published on the Bursar/Cashier's Office website (http://www.uwsuper.edu/bursar/payment/index.cfm) Payment information and the Fee Due Date are also available in the Cashier's Office - Old Main 136 and by calling the Cashier's Office at 715-394-8505 .
UW-Superior will provide me with access to an on-line "EHIVE" account. Through my EHIVE account, among other things, I will be able to register for classes, access my grades and class schedule, view billing information, including amounts owed by me to UW-Superior and the Fee Due Date for such amounts, and view the status of any financial aid I may be entitled to receive.
Although all amounts owed are payable on the relevant Fee Due Date indicated for such amounts in my EHIVE account, UW-Superior recognizes that students, including myself, may not make such payments in full on the relevant Fee Due Dates for each semester. At its discretion and if certain requirements are met, UW-Superior would like to extend credit to me to allow me to pay certain past due amounts pursuant to an installment payment plan as detailed below (the "Installment Payment Plan"). Fees, tuition, room, meal plan costs and bookstore charges are eligible for placement on the Installment Payment Plan.
The Installment Payment Plan will allow me to make payments in two installments later in the semester. A 1.5% administrative fee will be assessed on all amounts placed on the Installment Payment Plan. However, interest or other finance charges will not be assessed on any amounts placed on the Installment Payment Plan unless and until any such installment payment becomes past due.
I am being asked to sign this Agreement now so that, in the event that I am unable to pay the entire balance of fees, tuition, room, meal plans and bookstore charges by the Fee Due Date for any fall or spring semester, UW-Superior will place any eligible amounts on an Installment Payment Plan.
The consequences of failure to pay amounts owed by the relevant Fee Due Dates are outlined in the provisions below.
TERMS OF AGREEMENT
In consideration of the extension of credit to me, from time to time, by the Board of Regents of the University of Wisconsin System, on behalf of UW-Superior I hereby acknowledge and agree as follows:
1. Installment Payment Plan: I agree that UW-Superior may, at its discretion, place me on an Installment Payment Plan for any fall or spring semester during which I have failed to pay certain eligible outstanding amounts by the Fee Due Date for such semester, as detailed below:
(i) Installment Payment Plan is only available for the fall and spring semesters and only costs incurred for fees, tuition, room and meal plans and bookstore charges for each semester may be placed on an Installment Payment Plan.
(ii) To qualify for an Installment Payment Plan for a given semester, I must make a minimum payment towards that semester's outstanding fees, tuition, room, meal plan costs and bookstore charges no later than the relevant Fee Due Date; the minimum payment that is due will be displayed on my EHIVE online statement of account as well as in the published fee fact information (see # 3 below).
(iii) At its discretion, UW-Superior may place me on the Installment Payment Plan after the published fee due date for the relevant semester.
(iv) A one and half percent (1.5%) administrative fee will be added to my account approximately two weeks after classes start (the "Installment Payment Plan Fee") and such fee is due no later than the first-installment due date (see below). The Installment Payment Plan Fee will be calculated on the balance still due for eligible amounts placed on the Installment Payment Plan at the time it is assessed.
(v) An Installment Payment Plan for any given semester consists of two required installment payments. The first and second installment payments are due on the dates indicated on your EHIVE account statement for such payment.
(vi) 50% of the total balance subject to the Installment Payment Plan will be due on each installment due date, plus the Installment Payment Plan Fee which is due no later than the first installment due date. If the total of any amounts placed on the Installment Payment Plan changes, UW-Superior will adjust the installment amounts accordingly. At its discretion, UW-Superior may allocate any adjusted amounts to one or both installment due dates.
(vii) Any amounts due and unpaid by any installment due date will accrue interest as indicated in section 2(ii) from such date. (Amounts placed on the installment plan will not accrue interest unless and until an installment payment is missed.)
(viii) UW-Superior has the right to deny participation in any Installment Payment Plan for any semester without further notice to me.
2. Finance Charges & Amounts Owed: I agree to pay:
(i) The amount of any and all fees, tuition, housing, meal plan, bookstore and any other charges related to UW-Superior's provision of educational services to me, assessed by UW-Superior and charged to my EHIVE account.
(ii) Interest on any unpaid principal amount of any and all fees, tuition, housing, meal plan, bookstore and other charges related to UW-Superior's provision of education services to me, from the Fee Due Date of each such amount (as indicated on my EHIVE account), until such principal amount shall be paid in full, at a rate of 18% per year (1.5% per month); provided, however, that interest will not accrue on any amounts placed on a Installment Payment Plan until the due dates indicated in the Installment Payment Plan.
(iii) Any other late charges ("Late Charges") and collection costs ("Collection Costs") that may become due as provided in this Agreement.
3. EHIVE & Published Fees: I agree to use my EHIVE account to obtain the most accurate and current information regarding any amounts owed and Fee Due Dates, to check that account monthly, and to read the on-line published fee fact information sheet located at the Bursar's website (http://www.uwsuper.edu/bursar/payment/index.cfm) each semester for additional Installment Payment Plan, date and payment information.
4. Course Cancellation & Registration Hold: I understand that my failure to pay any amounts assessed by UW-Superior, when due, may result in my registration for courses being cancelled without further advance notice, and that registration and enrollment for future semesters may not be permitted unless my account balance is current.
5. Restriction of Records: I hereby authorize the UW-Superior Registrar to restrict the use of my records to prevent my registration and to withhold my transcripts in the event that I fail to timely comply with the payment obligations of this Agreement.
6. Student Services: In the event that I fail to timely comply with the payment obligation of this agreement, I understand that my access to student services on the UW-Superior may be suspended until such payment obligations are satisfied. Student services include use of a campus ID card, access to a student e-mail account, and access to campus facilities.
7. Financial Aid: I understand that if I receive any type of federal financial aid (including Stafford loans and/or PLUS loans) and then withdraw from UW-Superior or reduce my credit load, my financial aid eligibility may be re-calculated. A percentage of the aid I received may be considered unearned and may have to be returned to the funding source and I will be billed for that amount and any outstanding educational benefit overpayment. At its discretion, UW-Superior may allow me to repay this amount in installments but I understand that I may be assessed finance charges on this balance until it is repaid in full.
8. Default: If I fail to make any payment when due, UW-Superior may declare the entire balance of any amounts owed (including principal, interest, late charges and collection costs) to be due and payable within 15 days after giving me written notice of such default if I fail to make the payment that is due, within that same 15 day period.
9. Changes to Terms: UW-Superior has the right to unilaterally make changes affecting the future terms of my account, including finance charges to be imposed, by mailing to me at my last known address notice of any such changes prior to their effective dates. Any such changes will only apply to future extensions of credit.
10. Prepayment: I may pay the remaining balance on my account or more than the minimum payment at any time to avoid or reduce future finance charges.
11. Term of Agreement: This Agreement is effective as of the date signed below and will continue to be in effect throughout my time of study at UW-Superior.
12. Changes to Contact Information: I agree to inform the school of any change in my name, address, telephone number, or Social Security number in a timely manner.
13. Waiver of Notices, etc: I hereby expressly and severally waive by myself as the debtor, demand of payment, presentment for payment, notice of dishonor, notice of non-payment, and all other notices except those required by law, and I further agree that this agreement is controlled by the holding of Board of Regents of the University of Wisconsin System v. Mussallem 94 Wis.2d 657, 289 N.W. 2d 801 (1980), and that UW-Superior may, without notice to myself as the debtor, and without affecting the liability of myself as the debtor, renew and/or extend this agreement, accept partial payment thereon, or settle or compromise the amount due or owing.
14. Release of Information: I am hereby being given notice and give my consent, as may be required by law, (i) to allow UW-Superior, at its option, to report favorable and unfavorable credit information pertaining to myself (i.e., credit ratings, etc.) to credit bureaus and other non-campus third parties and, (ii) in the conduct of its credit granting and collection activities, to release my Social Security Number to non-campus third parties.
15. Collection Costs & Late Fees: In the event that I fail to timely comply with the payment obligations detailed in this Agreement, I further agree to pay all costs of collection incurred by UW-Superior including, but not limited to, collection agency fees, credit bureau fees, legal filing fees, service of process fees, publication fees, witness fees, reasonable attorney fees and recording fees and to pay any late fees assessed by UW-Superior. No collection agency fees are to exceed one-third the amount sought to be collected. I also understand that UW-Superior may certify my past due balance to the Wisconsin Department of Revenue and make a claim for the total due against refunds, overpayments, lottery payments, or vendor payments owed me by the Department of Revenue or Department of Administration.
16. Marital Property Act: If I am married, I agree that any credit obligations incurred in connection with the Agreement will be incurred in the interest of my marriage or family. Further, I understand that no provision of a marital property agreement, a unilateral statement under Wisconsin Statute §766.59, or a court decree under Wisconsin Statute §766.70 adversely affects the interest of UW-Superior as a creditor unless UW-Superior, prior to the time credit is granted, is furnished with a copy of the agreement, statement or decree or has actual knowledge of the adverse provision when the obligation to UW-Superior is incurred. I understand that if I wish to have a marital property agreement, unilateral statement or court decree considered in connection with the extension of credit under this Agreement, that I will enclose a copy of it with this Agreement.
In order to comply with the provisions of the Wisconsin Marital Property Act, I understand that it is necessary for me to provide the below information so that notice of the extension of credit can be provided to my spouse in the event that I am married:
Marital Status: (check one)
__ Legally Separated / Date of Decree _____________
Spouse's Name: ________________________________
Spouse's Address: _____________________________
By signing below, I agree that I have read and understand the terms of this Agreement, agree that I will be bound by the terms and conditions contained herein, and certify that the information contained in Section 16 is true, complete and correct.
______________________________________ _____________________ ________________
E-Signature of Applicant/Debtor Date Phone Number
ANY HOLDER OF THIS CONTRACT IS SUBJECT TO ALL THE CLAIMS AND DEFENSES, WHICH THE DEBTOR COULD ASSERT AGAINST THE BOARD OF REGENTS OF THE UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN SYSTEM, OR OBTAINED PURSUANT HERETO. ANY RECOVERY BY THE DEBTOR INVOLVING THIS AGREEMENT SHALL NOT IN ANY EVENT EXCEED THE AMOUNTS PAID BY THE DEBTOR HEREUNDER.
Use of Social Security Number
To identify your account we must use your social security number. The Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. 532.a) requires that an agency provide the following notice to each individual whom it asks to supply a social security number:
- The authority for requesting and using your social security number is found in 20 U.S.C. section 123g.
- Disclosure of the social security number is voluntary; however, failure to provide the number may result in denial of the application or service sought.
- The social security number will not be used for identification purposes but may be used for any and all necessary and usual billing and collection efforts up to and including disclosures to federal, state, or local agencies, to private parties such as relatives, present and former employers, business and personal associates, to guarantee agencies, to educational and financial institutions, to credit bureaus and collection agencies, and to agency contractors, in order to verify your identity, to determine program eligibility and benefits, to permit servicing or collection of debt, to counsel you in repayment efforts, to investigate possible fraud and to verify compliance with any relevant program regulations, and/or locate you in the event you become delinquent in the repayment of the debt.