Complete your Exit Interview
It is a federal requirement for all students who have borrowed through the Federal Perkins Loan Program to complete an exit interview when they graduate, withdraw, or drop below six credits of attendance. Exit interviews provide a complete explanation of repayment, deferment and cancellation privileges, and answer specific questions about your loan.
The exit interview requirement must be completed on-line.
Simply access the website of Heartland Campus Solutions/ECSI at https://borrower.ecsi.net . Log in using the following information:
School Code: ZQ
Account number: your Social Security number (no hyphens)
PIN#: (provided by ECSI - request online if needed)
Verify that the information shown is correct. If it is not, correct your information by selecting the "Update My Information" link. Otherwise, select "Menu", then under "Account Tools" click on the "Exit Interview" link to begin the exit process.
1. What is an exit interview?
An exit interview is a loan counseling session in which you are advised of your loan repayment schedule, obligations, and rights to deferment and/or cancellation. Your school is required by the federal government to conduct this exit interview whenever you are no longer enrolled as at least a half time student.
2. Why is my school requiring me to complete an exit interview?
Your school is required by the federal government to conduct this exit interview whenever you are no longer enrolled as at least a half time student. Some reasons that you may drop below half time are:
- You are graduating from school.
- Your school's Registrar's office shows you as enrolled less than half time.
- You are withdrawing from school.
- You are transferring to another school.
- You are taking a leave of absence from school.
- You are attending a semester abroad.
3. By completing the exit interview, does this mean that I cannot go back to school?
By completing the exit interview, it does not mean that you cannot go back to school again in the future, transfer to a different school, or continue to receive financial aid.
4. What happens if I do not complete the exit Interview?
Your school will require you to sign the exit interview, and if you do not sign it, the school may:
- Place holds on your student account so that you cannot register for classes again.
- Place holds on your student account so that your transcripts will not be released to you.