MPN and Loan Processing
Perkins Loan Processing
All Perkins Loan borrowers are required to complete Perkins Loan Entrance Counseling and a Master Promissory Note (MPN). Students will be prompted to complete the entrance counseling during the MPN process. The loan will not be disbursed to the student unless Entrance Loan Counseling and Master Promissory Note are completed!
You will need to accept the award through your e-hive account.
The MPN will not be available online until 48 hours after you accept the Perkins Loan in your e-hive account.
The goal of this required online tutorial is to make sure you understand your rights and responsibilities of borrowing a Perkins loan.
You must have the following information ready prior to completing the process:
- Social Security Number
- Date of Birth (DOB)
- Address and phone number
- Information about three personal references (name, address, e-mail and phone number)
Carefully read these instructions PRIOR to clicking on the ECSI link:
- Click on the www.ecsi.net/promZQ link (will open a new window).
- Read through the information provided and click on "Begin the electronic signature process" link.
- Enter your Social Security Number, last name and date of birth. (If ECSI is unable to validate your identity, you will need to print and complete the paper copy and deliver the documents to the Perkins Loan Officer at UW-Superior. Further instructions will be provided after the validation process.)
- Click on "Authenticate Me"
- Complete the Entrance Loan Counseling when prompted.
- Carefully read your Rights and Responsibilities.
- Supply reference information.
- Review and sign the Marital Property Act.
- Read the entire Master Promissory Note (MPN).
- Electronically sign your MPN by checking the box and typing your full legal name.
Print your MPN for your records
If you choose not to pay on-line, please make your check or money order payable to UW-Superior and send to:
University of Wisconsin-Superior/ECSI
PO Box 718
Wexford, PA 15090
Simply access the ECSI website at https://borrower.ecsi.net/ and login using the following information:
School Code:ZQ Account #:Your nine-digit social security number PIN#: «WebPin»