Wisconsin Department of Administration has awarded Staples the statewide, mandatory contract for purchasing office supplies and new toner. UW-Superior does not purchase directly from Staples. Rather, we purchase Staples supplies thru MDS (Materials Distribution Services) in Madison,WI. If you need to purchase office supplies complete the MDS application.
NEW MDS Application Form (see instructions below)
Read the following instructions carefully before completing the application.
Primary Account Contact:
- Enter your first and last name, UW-Superior/department name, building/room number, telephone, fax, and e-mail.
- The street address for all deliveries is 801 N 28 ST, SUPERIOR, WI 54880-4500
- Purchasing will complete this section, please leave blank.
University of Wisconsin Shared Financial System Funding (SFS):
- Enter the cost center information using the Fund (SFS), Department ID, and Program fields.
- The Unit is M.
- The Account is 3100.
- Leave the Project Grant blank (even when one exists).
- Leave the Start and End date blank also.
The requestor can sign as Department, the cost center manager's can sign as Division.
Return the completed form(s) to the Purchasing Office, Old Main 206, or email to email@example.com. The forms will then be faxed to MDS and they will set up your new account(s) ASAP. MDS will e-mail your new MDS number with password information to you. Included in this e-mail will be a web link on "how to buy" from MDS.MDS/Shop@UW Login Page:
MDS Account Reconciliation
MDS purchases will be directly charged to your cost center, a monthly report must be run from the MDS website to verify your purchases. On approximately the 10th day of each month you should be able to run the previous month's report and match packing slips to each transaction on the report. The reconciliation can be retained in your office and further reconciled to the cost center information in WISDM.
Follow the link below to allocate specific MDS invoices to multiple cost centers using a single MDS number.