Current Market Trends
Stay ahead of the competition by learning about what employers are looking for and what you can do to set yourself apart. Also, find out what jobs are currently needed, how incentives are changing, and what you can do to prepare for entering and working within the current job market.
See what occupations are fast-growing, and what analysts are saying about your field of interest. Stay appraised by researching and considering your needs. Career Services will help you to develop the professional skills needed to successfully compete in the job market.
Learn more by visiting the following sites, and other state agencies:
- MN Department of Workforce Development - Plan to work and live in MN? Use thses tools to help you research which jobs are growing and declining in the Minnesota market!
- WI Department of Workforce Development - If WI is where you want to work you can search the growth or decline of your desired market by specific occupation or your industry as a whole!
- Bureau of Labor Statistics-Occupational Outlook Handbook - View the fastest growing occupations in the country. Data projects the growth rates of job markets from 2014-2024. You can also click on the “Occupation Outlook Handbook” link at the top of the page and search any occupation, to find statistics on growth, average pay, education, etc
- NACE - NACE’s First-Destination Survey captures information regarding how new college graduates fare in their careers within six months of graduation. The annual initiative provides clear, concise, and consistent data on the outcomes associated with a college education on a national scale.
- WetFEET - View the most attractive employers in the US, read testimonials from employees regarding benefits, experience, and what they gained from each company!
- Indeed Trends - Research job trends based on Indeed's comprehensive index of over 50 million jobs a year.