English Language Arts for Elementary Education
- Faculty and Staff
- Language Arts (Broadfield) Minor (MC-EA) Requirements
- Student Learning Outcomes
- Language Arts (Broadfield) Minor Requirements
Rebecca Ardren, Senior Lecturer
Deborah Harrison, Assistant Professor
Wendy Kropid, Professor
The Language Arts (Broadfield) minor is to be planned by the student in consultation with his or her advisor. A plan for the minor must be filed with the advisor at the time of the student's application for admission to the Teacher Education programs. Modifications in the plan may be made only with the consent of the advisor. The minor must be taken in connection with the Wisconsin MC-EA licensure (ages 6 - 12/13; grades 1 - 7/8th) which requires taking TED 407 and appropriate student teaching. The minor requires successful completion of one capstone: a portfolio of students' competencies. This minor equips a prospective teacher to support the Wisconsin Common Core English/Language Arts Standards. For questions, contact Dr. Harrison.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the central concepts of English/Language Arts.
- Demonstrate the use of research-based instructional practices in English/Language Arts.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and use formal and informal assessments in English/Language Arts.
- Demonstrate the ability to plan different types of English/Language Arts lessons.
Required courses (12 credits required):
Oral language, Writing, and Literature Electives Course (9 credits required):