The General Catalog 2012-2014 describes the university's undergraduate and graduate academic programs, courses and procedures. It provides information you need to apply for admission, financial aid and campus housing, pay tuition and fees, and take full advantage of the student services we provide.
In addition to the system and core missions, UW-Superior has a select mission: The University of Wisconsin-Superior fosters intellectual growth and career preparation within a liberal arts tradition that emphasizes individual attention and embodies respect for diverse cultures and multiple voices.
To accomplish these ends, the university will:
- Provide students with a carefully articulated and comprehensive foundation in liberal studies as a base for all degree programs.
- Award baccalaureate degrees in selected fields in education, the arts and the humanities, in the sciences and social sciences, and in business.
- Offer graduate programs in areas associated with its undergraduate emphases and strengths.
- Extend its undergraduate and graduate resources beyond the boundaries of the campus through distance learning programs.
- Expect scholarly activity, including research, scholarship and creative endeavor, that supports its programs at the associate and baccalaureate degree levels, its selected graduate programs and its special mission.
- Engage in appropriate interinstitutional relationships to enhance educational and service opportunities.
- Foster, with University of Wisconsin-Extension, the development of cooperative and general outreach programming and the integration of the extension function with that of this institution.
If you're considering applying to UW-Superior, we urge you to visit us. An admissions counselor will meet with you and your family to answer all your questions. You can learn more about financial aid. We'll take you on a tour of classrooms, labs and athletic facilities. You can sit in on a class, talk to professors in any program that interests you, or meet with an athletic coach.
To arrange a guided campus visit, contact our Admissions Office by calling (715) 394-8230 or by e-mailing email@example.com. Additional admissions information for undergraduate and graduate students is available online at http://www.uwsuper.edu/admissions.
UW-Superior is a four-year university that fosters intellectual growth and career preparation within a liberal arts tradition that emphasizes individual attention and embodies respect for diverse cultures and multiple voices. We do that by focusing on our strengths: small classes, one-on-one contact with professors, an emphasis on active learning, and a supportive environment. The university is one of 13 comprehensive universities in the University of Wisconsin System and it shares in the UW System mission.
Superior offers the convenience of city living and the year-round recreational opportunities of the Northland.
Located in the northwest corner of Wisconsin, Superior overlooks the western tip of Lake Superior. This historic city of 27,000 remains an important Great Lakes port and transportation hub while also providing jobs in manufacturing, retail and education. The city combines with neighboring Duluth, Minnesota, to provide a rich metro setting with live entertainment and shopping as well as numerous opportunities for internships and jobs. Yet, it's just a short drive from fishing, hiking, skiing, snowmobiling and other outdoor activities.