2012-14 Undergraduate Catalog
- Mission Statement
- Organization and Services
- Technology Policies
- Technology Services Contact Information
"The mission of Technology Services is to provide technology services that are accessible, reliable, convenient, and secure for the purpose of empowering the UW-Superior community to use technology in teaching, learning, research, creative activity and service"
Please visit the technology website for a complete list of the services and systems that are provided or contact the technology helpdesk at 715-394-8300 or
email firstname.lastname@example.org with any technology questions you may have.
Technology Services consists of three units:
Technology Support Services (a.k.a. the helpdesk) provides a variety of services and facilities for Students, Faculty and Staff to effectively use current and emerging technology solutions. This unit supports several functions including:
- Helpdesk Services - The central contact point for all technology issues and questions. The helpdesk also consults and processes technology purchases and they manage and maintain a technology equipment loan service that offers Students, Faculty and Staff the ability to borrow computers and other technology tools in support of academics. The helpdesk provides a library of training materials that they make available to Students, Faculty, and Staff at no charge to further develop technology skills.
- Classroom Technology and Multimedia Services - Technology in the class room is supported by the unit including the installation and maintenance of equipment. Audio/Video production, streaming audio, graphic design and production, and assistance with media conferencing are some of the services provided in support of instructional development.
- Teaching and Learning Systems - The Learning Management system (Learn@UWsuperior/D2l) and other teaching and learning software systems such as plagiarism detection and survey software are supported by the unit.
- Web Support Services - The campus webmaster is a member of this unit and is responsible for the installation and maintenance of the of the content management system. The webmaster also provides training and consultation services to the entire organization and works closely with the University Relations department in the overall design of the website.
Infrastructure Services is responsible for providing highly available, high quality access to the University's electronic resources and the internet. This includes maintaining the systems that support email, access to the internet, wireless coverage and the security systems that protect the campus network and desktop systems. The unit also provides all technology hardware support including computers, servers, student computing labs and the campus telephone system.
Application Services is responsible for the development and maintenance of the primary administrative information systems essential to the operation of the University and the integration with those systems. The primary systems include the student information system (E-hive/PeopleSoft) and the campus document management system (ImageNow). The unit works closely with student support offices to provide administrative tools and applications for both Students and Faculty.
Use of technology resources is governed by the policies of the University of Wisconsin-Superior Information and Instructional Technology Services (IITS), the University of Wisconsin System and its Board of Regents, and by Federal and State laws. Failure to comply with policies and guidelines can result in loss of access privileges, university disciplinary action, and/or criminal prosecution. A complete list of policies and guidelines is available on the IITS website.
University of Wisconsin - Superior
Swenson Hall 2100
Belknap and Catlin Ave.
P.O. Box 2000
Superior, WI 54880
Office Hours: Helpdesk Regular Hours 7:45 a.m. - 6:30 p.m. Monday - Friday Helpdesk Break/Summer Hours 7:45 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday