Broad Field Language Arts for Elementary Education
- Faculty and Staff
- Language Arts (Broadfield) Minor (MC-EA) Requirements
- Language Arts (Broadfield) Minor Requirements
- Student Learning Outcomes
Wendy Kropid, Professor
The Language Arts (Broadfield) minor is to be taken in connection with the Wisconsin MC-EA licensure (ages 6 - 12/13; grades 1 - 7/8th) Elementary Education Major which requires taking TED 407 and appropriate student teaching. This minor equips a prospective teacher to support the Wisconsin Common Core English/Language Arts Standards.A
21 total credits
Required courses (12 credits required):
Oral language, Writing, and Literature Electives Course (9 credits-maximum 3 credits per prefix):
- Demonstrate an understanding of the central concepts of English/Language Arts.
- Demonstrate the use of research-based instructional practices in English/Language Arts.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and use formal and informal assessments in English/Language Arts.
- Demonstrate the ability to plan different types of English/Language Arts lessons.