- Individually Designed Major Description (non-comprehensive)
- Individually Designed (non-comprehensive) Major Requirements
- Individually Designed Minor Requirements
Students who have a unique need for a major, and whose needs cannot be met by an existing major, have the option of developing an Individually Designed Major (non-comprehensive). Working with their academic advisor, the student constructs a major course of study.The individually designed major proposal must be signed by the student, his/her academic advisor, and the department chair representing the primary emphasis of the major. Once required signatures are obtained, the student submits a petition to the Credits and Reinstatement Committee for review and final approval.The petition may not be submitted before the second semester of the student's sophomore year but must be submitted before the end of the student's junior year.
A minimum of 33 total major credits
The student must work with his/her advisor to develop the Individually Designed Major (non-comprehensive) program plan.
A maximum of three faculty need to be involved in the development and approval of the IDM plan if there are more than one discipline areas featured in the IDM plan.
- Students must take IDS 301 Individually Designed Major Planning course. This is an online, pass/fail, one credit course available to all students.
- Student must declare a minor or second major in a different subject area. The same courses cannot be used to meet the Individually Designed (non-comprehensive) major requirements as well as minor or second major requirements
- A minimum of 18 credits must be in courses numbered 300 or higher
- Plan of courses included on the IDM petition form must include a Capstone course
- Student must have earned at least 43 credits prior to submitting the IDM petition form
- Must submit (and have approved by the Credits and Student Reinstatement Committee) an Individually Designed major (non-comprehensive) petition form.
- The petition form must be developed in consultation with the student's advisor and at least one faculty member representing disciplines other than that of the advisor.
Additional Degree Requirements:
- A minimum of 36 credits numbered 300 or higher
- A minimum of 30 credits earned at UW-Superior
- A resident GPA of at least 2.0 (UW-Superior courses only)
- A major GPA of at least 2.0 (all courses used to meet major requirements--including transfer courses)
- The last 12 credits for the degree must be earned at UW-Superior
21 total credits Requirements:
- Students in good standing and have earned at least 43 credits to declare this minor
- Students must complete an Individually Designed minor petition and have it approved by the Credits and Reinstatement Committee
- At least 7 credits must be 300 level or higher.
Individually Designed Minor proposals require the approval of the student's advisor and the appropriate department chair, then submitted to the Credits and Reinstatement Committee for final approval.